coloration

1. Bassmaster360

Use UVB light to significantly enhance flowerhorn/fish coloration

Get yourself a UVB lightbulb (generally used in the reptile-keeping hobby) that emits visible light, UVA, and UVB. This is the best artificial way of mimicking sunlight. Just like how sunlight gives us a tan, they enhance and deepen coloration on all fish. Don't believe all the fears online of...
  2. Bassmaster360

Use UVB light for your aquarium to naturally enhance fish coloration

Get yourself a UVB lightbulb (generally used in the reptile-keeping hobby) that emits visible light, UVA, and UVB. This is the best artificial way of mimicking sunlight. Just like how sunlight gives us a tan, they enhance and deepen coloration on all fish. Don't believe all the fears online...
  3. islandguy11

Purple, gold & acting bold

Here's a short clip of my Goldenhead acting tough during a recent water change. He's about 14" now, and over the last 2-3 months he's turned increasingly purple-bluish, I think partly due to changing from WTT to light blue background/sides, and also just natural color changes that young Asian...
  4. P

Help!Dull/Dark Coloration of Wild Caught Peacock Bass

I have a personal Pond in tropical Indonesia. The local pond, or to be precise a golf course man made lake, has established colonies of tilapia, snakehead, pacu, pangasius catfish etc. A few years ago, I introduced baby Peacock Bass( Cichla Monoculus ) in the 3-5cm range. Recently, as an...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store