reef

1. Gourami Swami

For Sale  Nano reef 10g for sale w/ all coral fish and equipment

Hello MFK, I had recently downsized my reef due to my career, and now I am having to move to a smaller apartment closer to the train, to make the commute into NYC easier. So now I am sadly looking to sell my reef and get out of the game for the moment. I am looking to move it ASAP, so I am...
  2. H

600 gallon DIY Reef Slope Aquarium

I had been using my 600 gallon aquarium to grow out Shaks / Rays / Groupers for my 1800 gallon Predator Bay tank. Now that all the fish are moved over, that leaves the 600 gallon ready to be made into a Reef Slope aquarium. Aquarium Specs: - 600 gallon DIY aquarium 72" x 48" x 48", tied into a...
  3. M

For Sale  Coral life 1hp chiller

Coralife 1 horsepower chiller. Good for up to 400 gallon tank. In good working condition. Asking $750
  4. PGJE

Reef salt mix bucket smelling like chemicals?

I use a semi-large plastic tub for mixing saltwater, and I made a batch a couple of days ago. I realized that after leaving it out for a day the inside of the container starts to smell really strongly like a cleaning chemical or burning plastic. Is this the wrong material? Should I stop using...
  5. PGJE

Questions about evaporation?

When the tank water goes down, but the water stays, the salinity increases. I read that the way to counteract that is to add dechlorinated fresh water, and I was wondering how you do that. Do you just fill the tank back to it’s original level? Also, would adding freshwater have any negative...
  6. PGJE

Finally, after years of dreaming, I started my first reef tank! anyways, I have a few questions about cycling...

Alright so I properly mixed the reef salt, salinity is 1.022 ppt, Ph is around 8.1, and I have everything set up that I need. I JUST added the water to the tank, like, 10 minutes ago. I have the bacteria bottle that I will add to the tank to start the cycling process, but I have a few questions...
  7. PGJE

I'm a newbie and need every little bit of advice on how to add coral to a tank as I can!

I'm going to be starting up a small 10 gallon reef tank soon (my first time dealing with salt water), and I have a few questions about adding coral that I couldn't seem to get from googling. Heres a list: 1. I'm going to be buying frags at my LFS with the plugs on the bottom, do you need to...
  8. -603FiShHoBbIeSt-

For Sale  Anyone interested in some zoanthid frags?

I know this isn’t really a saltwater/ reef oriented forum but I have some zoanthid frags for sale if anyone if interested ? Pictures and prices below: 7 POLYPS FRUIT LOOPS ZOA 20+ POLYPS! RASTA ZOA 5 POLYPS UTTER CHAOS ZOA 12 POLYPS PURPLE MONSTER ZOA
  9. Dennis Kraemer

20g long hoping to start a coral tank!

Have a light I bought used for soft corals 20lbs live sand Established cleaner crew Penn plax 1000 canister filter Need budget coral and fish stocking ideas! Thanks!
  10. Vandyfan13

Help maybe?

Just bought these two yesterday maybe 18 hours ago. The candy cane hasn't opened up. I have now moved it to the sand bed. Also can I get an ID on the softie on the left. When at the store it looked like a pink hairy fuzz for lack of better description. Just stirred up the sand bed is why I'm...
  11. Ankit Naidu

Is my coral fine?

its green button polyp which I got a for free! But it didn't open! Is it fine or is anything troubling it?
  12. S

Live rock, to cure or not to cure?

I bought a box of live rock from my LFS about a month a ago. But I never got around to putting it in a tank full of water to cure it. It's just been sitting in the box on my front porch with no water for almost a month. So my question is. Do I still need to cure it in saltwater for a few weeks...
  13. MrGame

Reef Brite Tech LED 60'

For sale is a like-new tech LED that is a full 60 inches in length. Perfect for reef tanks that need light to promote coral growth.
  14. O

240 Stand Plans

I am building a large reef this summer, a 240 gallon plywood tank (the design is the one from Advanced Aquarists with a few changes), and I'm working on the stand design right now. I'm basing my stand design off of the article on Instructables titled "Aquarium Stand With Secret Door For Sump"...
  15. M

Any Diana's Hogfish keepers on here?

Been considering setting up a saltwater tank again after I move in a couple months to a more permanent residence. Thinking a 75 reef, red diana hog, scopas tang, and some beginner corals blue mushrooms, green star polyps, maybe try acropora later on. Obviously no snails, crabs, shrimp, or stars...
  16. oneyedfish

Coral catshark tankmate ideas...

So the planning has begun. Tank will be a Marineland 300DD (72x36x27). I'm wanting to design the stock list around a coral catshark (Atelomycterus Marmoratus). Purchase size I've seen most likely will be 8-10". What would be some good tankmates for it? Stipulations would be they would need to...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store