growth

1. I

Small growth/infection on green terror fin

Was watching the tank and I just noticed a growth on my male gts fin. Idk what it is and never had a fish with this issue it doesn’t seem to be bothering him at all. I’m wondering if I should be worried or it will probably go away on its own. Him and his female are in breeding mode and he’s...
  2. J

Jardini Arowana Growth Rate

Can anyone tell me how fast a Jardini is supposed to grow? Does it grow slower than the Asians? I know it grows slower than the silver. I want to make sure that I am providing it with enough food to ensure proper growth.
  3. J

Tank Size For A Jardini

I will be getting a custom built aquarium for my Jardini once it outgrows my 6ftLx1.5ftWx2ftH. I am currently trying to choose between a 6ftLx3ftWx2ftH and a 7ftLX2.5ftWX2ftH. Which of these two would be better?
  4. A

Growth on Venustus’ anal fin

Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted on here but I can’t find anything online to help diagnose this issue. My venustus has had this for a few weeks now and it’s gotten bigger. Not sure what it is, and was hoping someone on here can help me determine what it is, and how to cure it...
  5. A

Whats on my fire eel?

I have recently purchased a fire eel, he is about 6” long and I have had him for about 2 weeks, he is in a tank with a betta, 2 cory cats, a pleco and a snail, I had a molly and some fry but got rid of them today since they produce so much waste. I just noticed something on its side, it looks...
  6. Q

Filament Barb - Growth on Tail

Hello everyone, I havened posted in a while but I needed your help. Could you please help with diagnosing this spot on my fishes tail. I just appeared yesterday and she is the only one with it.
  7. Nano Vanisher

Strange growth in front of pectoral fin behind gill plate. HELP PLZ

I have had this convict for about 3 years. I love him. He has been the tank Boss of his tank regardless of mates. Needless to say he has killed much larger fish overnight a few times. I don't know if this a battle scar that I missed, until I reorganized the tanks and tank mates. His quality of...
  8. Blakewater

Cichla Feeding Schedules?

Just wanted to hear what people are using as a feeding regimen for their Cichla. What're you currently feeding? How big are your bass? How long have you been following that food plan? How does it compare to other feeding patterns you've used? Or anything else you can think of sharing in the...
  9. B

Massivore and carnivore pellets?

Are they 100% identical? I was also wondering if anyone knows what exact ingredients in them promotes growth any better than other foods?
  10. Zak03

Noob at Cichlids and Sun Cats

Hey guys, I'm new here. I got a 40-gallon tank with 2 baby Oscars (tiger and red) and 1baby sun catfish (aka eclipse catfish). I know, the tank will be too small eventually, but I plan on moving them into a bigger tank-75 gallons or possibly more-when the Oscars get bigger. I am new to both...
  11. HybridFinatic

my new petco flowerhorn growth progress thread

This is him a couple weeks after I got him. he is showing awesome personality just like most flowerhorn and great color. I think he is an SRD. Please let me know if you think different. I will update his growth over the next few months on this thread. Feel free to post your Petco/Petsmart...
  12. S

EBJD growth and true max size

I see dozens of posts about EBJD, but it seems quite hard to find any full grown adults. In fact I find it near impossible to find pictures of any much bigger than 4”. This is mine, a little over 5”, around 14 months old. If anyone has any pictures of bigger ones, or can give a good idea of...
  13. S

Oscar growth tips

Tank #6 in my fish room is on order right now, but the stocking is set, it’s a 120g (4’x2’x2’) and I have an FX6 with some pre cycled media in it waiting. I’m putting a single Oscar in there in honor of my late family member who bred them for decades. There are so many varying statements out...
  14. BichirChick

My bichirs are growing really slow

I have had a Senegal and a “gold dust” bichir for about a year now and they are still pretty small. The Senegal has grown from a little baby to about 5” or so, and he out grown the gold dust in circumference and length even though the gold one was bigger originally when I got him. The gold one...
  15. GiantFishKeeper101

My RTC couldn't stop eating

It's already more than a year since I got my rtcs. Healthy fish, bite my hands a few times, 4 of them. But I've read somewhere (one of the thread in monsterfishkeeper) that these cats will slow down their eating after reach 2'+ and aged more than a year. The problem is that my cats won't stop...
  16. Magic Water

New Flowerhorn

Hi guys, posting here after a long long time. I kinda took a break after I lost last FH. Finally bit the bullet and got this little guy . Got him a week back, this was taken on DAY 1 Taken today, exactly a week later, he got some dress marks when I took my phone out Looking forward to your...
  17. AG458

Cichla Update #2

So Nitro's been getting bigger, off of the Hikari carnivore pellets and shrimp pellets I've been feeding him. He's not as crazy as he used to be, but he's right up at the front of the tank when it's feeding time. He's afraid of my datnoid-my small, shy datnoid-for some odd reason. He's an...
  18. AG458

Peacock Bass Growth Update #1

I started a growth thread for my pbass, Nitro, a little over a month ago, so I thought I'd update you all on his status. He's grown a little in the a-little-over-a-month-long period. I've turned him off of live food as suggested, and he enjoys eating Hikari sinking carnivore pellets. He gets...
  19. AG458

Watch Him Grow: Peacock Bass

Hi guys- So I saw someone else doing this on the cichlid thread, and I thought it was a good idea. So here's my juvenile peacock bass, Nitro, who is currently the smallest fish in my tank. Attached are some pictures of him. I was also hoping, maybe I could get an ID on him? If you guys have an...
  20. M

Growth rate

I want to know the growth rate for several South/ Central American cichlids? for instance Red Terror black nasty dovii jaguar cichlid. I have a 10 inch male Texas cichlid who is about 2 years old. I have a male Midas or Red Devil about 8 or 9 inches and he's two and a half years old I have a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store