snakehead

1. B

Andrao male eating their eggs

Hello guys, I have a andrao pair that incubated sometimes but always the male eats the eggs while incubating... Any tips to it doesn't happens? Parameters okay, tank size 100x40x50 cm, with coconut cutted and some plants, floating plants...
  2. C

Snakehead is sick. Don’t know what disease.

My snakehead Channa gachua is sick. he has on one side a hole that Is black and on the other side a bump that looks like a tumor. I once treated him for bacterial infection for two weeks but that didn’t seem to do anything. He is currently in an aquarium of 300 litres with a few bichirs and...
  3. S

HELP ME GENDER MY BLUE BENGAL DWARF SNAKEHEAD

Need help sexing my blue bengal dwarf snakehead got him at 3 inches he is now 4.5 almost 5 and maxes out around 8 to 9 inches been trying to figure out the sex so I can get it a partner to breed anything helps guys new to this forum thing
  4. G

300 gallon community tank emperor snakhead

Hi, I have a 300 gallon tank with an emperor snakehead (channa maru), albino silver arowana and 3 bichirs and in a seperate tank have two channa gachua dwarf snakheads. Would it be possible to add the two dwarf snakheads to my community tank or would the emperor snakehead eventually kill them
  5. R

Need advices :)

I'm planning on having my 14cm Channa YS be tankmates with my 8cm Oscar, and maybe add a Brushmouth Pleco and 2 Kaviat Albino fishes. Is that a good idea? Since i know Channa and Oscar are agressive fishes, so if there are any advice, it will be very much appreciated, before I might do a wrong...
  6. C

For Sale  Channa aurantimaculata (golden kobra) for sale

Channa aurantimaculata (golden Kobra snakehead) for sale. Absolutely love this fish but will be unable to give it a forever home so hoping someone with a large tank would be interested. It's about 10/11 inch atm, been feeding on a mixture of live/frozen/pellet foods. In good health, is regularly...
  7. R

Black Ghost Knife Fish and Channa/Snakehead Fish

hey guys, i have a 10cm Ghost KnifeFish and a 8/9cm snakehead (in my place we call it "Channa" fish?). i was wondering if they can coexist in a tank? im planning on moving them on a 50cmx40cmx30cm tank. every suggestions and opinions will really be much appreciated, thankyou :)
  8. neko1

Help with setting up a tank.

So i got 6 tanks right now and I need to move out my parents house..... Bassicly i need to rehome a lot of fish. But if its possible i would like to keep most. :) I have had most animals for more then 6 years or even longer. So what i have right now: -polypterus ornitapinus. (1x) -polypterus...
  9. B

Please help identify these Channa!

Hiii?. First time poster, so please go easy on me?? I have a Channa since two months ago and have fallen head over heels for this fish and the entire Snakehead species. These Channa need a new home but the current owner doesn't know what kind they are, just that the adults are around 40 cm...
  10. cafeiguana

Channa mauroiloides

This is my snakehead in a 1000 gallon aquarium.
  11. S

advice needed for 390 gallon canister setup

Hi fellow friends MFK. newbie here first time owner of large tank and prefer canisters over sump. Tank setup for 2 snakeheads. 7ft x 3 x 2.5 that is approximately 393 gallons or 1500 liters. Will 2 eheim xl canisters be enough for beneficial bacteria growth and full cycle ? One canister on each...
  12. neko1

help with forming community predator tank

hello, first of all. Im i in the right forum subject? Second of all I got a 2 meter aquarium around 800liters so thats 211 gallon My fish right now are : 3x polypterus (orni/delhezi/senegalus) 5x silver dollars 2x bullhead catfish (idk why but they are so friendly) 1x rope fish I wanted to add...
  13. Naos1984

Do Channa micropeltes adults dig through the substrate?

I'm planning on doing a dwarf sagittaria and sagittaria broadleaf carpet on my next project and I wonder if it's worth the effort. Will adult Channa micropeltes dig? Say 30" big? I'm planning a 2-3" thickness for sand supported by ferts for the sagittaria. If that does not work, garden soil and...
  14. C

For Sale  WtB: Peacock Bass and Arowana

Looking for all kinds of peacock bass, arowanas, gars, goonch, Rays, bowfin etc
  15. A

Snakehead (channa micropelts) disease

I got recently red Snakehead I have few queries please help me out Do SH have scales /can I treat them with copper medicine? My Snakehead is discolored black not active laying on top?what to do. After buying him from store I have been feeding him with small goldfish he devoured like anything...
  16. L

CHANNA PULCHRA

Anyway to identify my channa gender?
  17. Hempy

Channa Bankanensis Preferences

Hello fellow fishkeepers... I have a Channa Bankanensis (around 5.8 cm) in a 2 ft planted (growout) tank. Temp is currently 78F. He is fed approx 1.3 cm of an earthworm every other day (sometimes three if he doesn't come to the worm I show him through the glass) supplemented by prawn, mussel...
  18. G

Emperor Snakehead Gender

What do you think of the gender of this emperor by looking at its head. Its 20 inches long
  19. G

Albino Channa Striata not eating.

Hello Everyone, I purchased a 7-8 inches snake head from a local pet store. I've been keeping him for a month now and he still doesn't seems interested in eating. Please help / suggest anything you know to for him to adopt in his new home. Years I've been keeping snake heads for years and this...
  20. Ash_water

Golden Cobra Snakehead ( Channa Aurantimaculata)

Hi guyz!!! Here is a video of my Auranti. At the moment around 11 inches with tail. I think he is a male. From the looks of it Im convinced. Veteran Auranti keepers please let me know what you think. If you like the video, like and subscribe :D Let me know what you guyz think.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store