sex

1. Y

Male or female??

Please help me identify the sex of my channa marulioides:help2: Its very confusing seeing videos online with the distance and number of holes below the belly etc. Thanks
  2. D

Paratilapia Polleni, Sexing. At a loss need help lol

Hi Guys, Must admit I haven't posted alot but I'm having real trouble sexing my Polleni, I have a feeling I have a Dominant male and a sub-dominant. But the Darker of the two is slightly bigger, darker at all times and has recently been headstanding etc which I thought was a sign of breeding...
  3. O

Green Terror Sexing

Hello i have a green terror fry thinking 5 or 6 month old. Can you help mw for sexing Male or Female ? Here is 2 photos
  4. N

What sex are my blood parrots?

Both fish are of similar size with red being a bit taller and blockier (fatter) so any chance i have a male and female? Here are some photos! Thank you!
  5. D

Is this a male or female?

I though my flowerhorn was a male but id like a second opinion please.
  6. vinnie coyle

Thai Silk Flowerhorn Advice needed. ***9 months update***

Hey friends, Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my first Flowerhorn's progress. So I got my FH on the 9th of December last year, and it initially grow pretty quick. And showed early signs of Kok (See first pic from last December). I was convinced I had a a male. However after...
  7. C

Jack Dempsey Sexing and pair

I was wondering if this a a male and female jack Dempsey. Trying to get a pair going.
  8. C

Texas cichlid sexing

I have a electric blue Texas cichlid around 5 inches and was wondering if anyone knows the sex.
  9. P

Green Terror Sex

I was just curious as to what sex you think this is. I’ve had GT for about 2 months and got him at around 3” and is now ~5”.
  10. Vertigon_z

sexing and species

Good Morning All, Can anyone assist me in identifying which Geophagus these are? Also are they male or female. I have attached a Pic of both, The suspected female is by the tiki ornament while the suspected male is against the black background. I was told these are surinamensis.
  11. J

Help! Which Fathead is Female?

Hi All, I would like to use some expertise on the gender of these fathead minnows. I am trying to observe the breeding behaviour for a school project. I have one that is surely male, and not sure if these are females. They are not breeding after months. Thanks!
  12. G

Male or female?

Hi and Merry Christmas! I am curious about the gender of my flowerhorn. I tried looking its vent but I cant seem to identify it. The first part of the vent is a little round but it becomes pointed at the top and that makes me a little confused. Are there double gender fish? I dont know how I can...
  13. C

Flowerhorn Kok

I was wondering if my flowerhorn will end up with a big Kok or just a average one. He’s around 5-6 inches
  14. C

Flowerhorn Kok

I was wondering if anybody can tell if my flowerhorn will end up with a big kok or not. He’s around 5-6 inches
  15. H

Sex of baby flowerhorn.

i bought a baby flower horn,a week ago..i want to know the gender of my baby flowerhorn.... any help would be appreciated....
  16. H

sex of baby Flower horn..

I bought a baby flower horn,a week ago,i want to know the sex of the flower horn... Any help would be appreciated...
  17. R

Flowerhorn body shape

I got my flowerhorn from a friend about a week ago and started wondering what type of flowerhorn he is and will his body shape improve? not talking about the hump(kok) or the coloring but the actual body. Will it get better once it gets bigger? Thank you for the answers
  18. M

Help Sexing My Flowerhorns

So I recently took up Flowerhorns and I had got two. The pictures are below, I originally had one in my 90 gallon (the one with no black/fading) with my friends proven female and he was never aggressive towards her only chased her around. The second one (the one with black on it) immediately...
  19. C

Jaguar cichlid gender

I was wondering if anyone can tell if my jag is a male or female yet? I’m having a tough time but I’m guessing a male.
  20. T

Need help sexing my flowerhorn

I'm new to the site. Just recently started keeping bigger fish. I need a little help determining the sex of my flowerhorn. I'm thinking it's a male. It's about 4 inches long. I've had it for a little over a month now. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store