jack dempsey

1. Ace of Honey

Jack Dempsey cichlid

Hey everyone, hope you guys are having a great week! So, I've started noticing a problem with my Jack Dempsey.... Oh boy. I just can't seem to keep this fish happy! He is my FAVORITE! but won't let me love him lol. I just don't get how to care for this guy. Background: my brother passed away...
  2. V

My jack dempsey cichlid keep breeding and all these eggs going unfertilzied

My pair JD breeding and laying eggs then 1-2 days later eggs turns white.(unfertilized) females have no problem with laying eggs, i tought male dont fertile over the eggs because eggs always turns white and not succeed. Any suggestion,advice?
  3. S

Help Identifying this Cichlid

It was sold to me as a firemouth, I've always thought it was a Jack Dempsey. It has beautiful red eyes but I haven't been able to confirm its species. Concerned for tank mates and future issues.
  4. M

JD 30 gallon starter tank

So I recently acquired a 29 gallon tank of a family member and I was planning in starting a cichlid tank. Would a 29 gallon tank be enough to start for a Jack Dempsey, firemouth, bushy nose pleco, and a green terror? The plan would be to upgrade to at least a 55 in about a year. Thanks for any...
  5. TheTerminutter

Haven't changed water during JD's growth spurt

I've been away for a month in rehab, and when I came back my 3.5 in JD became almost 4.5 in. The water was also 30 ppm nitrates, (my parents were feeding him but not changing the water) which was the highest it has ever been. I usually do 95% water changes weekly on my 75 gal so that the...
  6. Jtank

For Sale  Monster fish sale

Fish for sale. Pickup only Milwaukee, WI 53224. All fish are eating pellets, shrimp, scallop, freeze dried krill. Jardini 14-15” $300 Ornate 14-15” $150 Ornate 14-15” $150 Ornate 7-8” $100 Endlicheri 11-12” $100 Endlicheri 10” $100 Delhezi 7-8” $60 Jack Dempsey 5” $10 Jack Dempsey 5” $10 Jack...
  7. Z

Recommended fish to put with my current inhabitants on my 150 gallon

Hey there! I recently purchased a 150 gallon aquarium along with all of the filtration and setup required, which is a huge step up considering I've only ever had a 55 minus the larger DIY ponds I've built lol. I currently have 4 silver dollars, a common pleco, and a Jack Dempsey in the tank...
  8. B

Advice on new cichlid tank setup

Hi, first time posting here, after some advice on a new tank setup. It's a brand new 600L tank, 60"L x 24"W x 30"H. Completely empty at the moment. I'm thinking... 1 or 2 Oscars 1 Jack dempsey 1 Green terror 1 Texas or carpintis cichlid 2 birchirs. Probably armoured bichirs Some catfish of...
  9. MooseTheWizard

Jack Dempsey w/ discoloured lump on head

I noticed this morning that my Jack Dempsey has a discoloured lump on his head. I do not believe this was there last night. Behaviour is normal aside from a bit more rapid breathing. I did a water change a couple of hours ago to make sure things are as clean as can be in there. Tank is a 75g...
  10. WOLF2013

Show me your Jack Dempsey cichlids,

I am doing a video care guide on Jack Dempsey cichlids tonight! If anyone has a video or some photos of their jack dempseys that they would like to share and I will be happy to put them in my video please post them below. I will give you full credit. Thanks.
  11. A

RTM Cichlid with poly. Delhezi and JD

I currently have one delhezi and JD in a 55. Both are juvies and my fish store just got some RTMs in. Would it be worth a shot to try ONE juvie RTM??
  12. W

Female jack dempsey hybrid

Possible JD hybrid but I have no idea what she could be mixed with
  13. Benthebassmaster

Electric blue jack dempsey

Would you suggest for me to get a electric blue Jack Dempsey. I hear they die a lot. Is this true
  14. Benthebassmaster

How much fish In a 125 gallon tank

Can a gt, jd, Oscar and a Bichir be in a 125 gallon tank. Also if their is anymore fish to keep with it what would it be
  15. 504 Fish Keeper

75 gallon jack Dempsey

JD, Salvini & convict in a 75 what kind of schooling / Dither fish can I put in with them? I was thinking tiger barbs, silver dollars or Buenos Aires Tetras.
  16. R

Shy cichlids not coming out! Ideas to solve this?

Hey, I have a bit of a problem in my 60 gallon cichlid tank, in this tank I keep a jack dempsey, a red Texas(it’s basically a hybrid between a parrot and a green Texas) and just for the fun of it I keep a rainbow shark as well. My problem is that all these fish seem to be pretty scared of me...
  17. Y

Jack Dempsey - Lip Injuries

I have a pair of Jack dempsey's, first time parents and my first time breeding them, they laid eggs about 3 weeks ago. There are about 10-20 babies still alive and the mother is protective of them but the male is lip locking with her and they both have some bad mouth injuries. I put in a...
  18. R

HELP!! sexing my JDs

I believe this guy to be just that a male electric blue gene maybe?
  19. A

Can anyone help with the sex of my Jack Dempseys??

could anyone help with the sex of these two?? They are inseparable and look a lot different from each other yet also look a lot alike. Any help would be appreciated.
  20. Jacob6556

Red Texas and Jack Dempsey tank part 1

So I’m not really sure how long this will last but I’m gonna try something new. I’m going to start a series following the progress on my 60 gallon jack Dempsey and red Texas tank. I’m not to sure how often I’m going to post but I plan on trying to post at least once a week. In these post I plan...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store