wolf fish

1. M

Help identify Aimara Wolf Fish Variant

Help identify wolf fish variant. I know there are diffrent variants of Aimara wolf fish. I got him from https://monsteraquariumon9.com/products/aimara-wolf-fish Just wondering if anyone knows what variant it is.
  2. M

best black wolf fish (hoplias curupira) tank mates are guppies?

Yes it’s strange the title but let me explain myself.. I work in a aquatic store where we keep a black wolf fish in a sump and above the sump there is guppy aquariums and quite a lot of them so the story goes like this whenever someone was getting a customer a guppy and it jumped out of the net...
  3. P

For Sale  Black wolf fish Ontario

Looking to rehome my 12" Black wolf fish He is extremely aggressive and currently has his own 155 gallon tank. I am selling that tank so he has to go. Cost me over $450 to import him when he was only 5". $250 priced to sell, first come first serve Will consider trades for Gatf or Vatf Located...
  4. m_sol

When should I separate my Aimara wolf fishes?

Im just wondering how much of a beating can one take? My female Aimara is bullying my male since I got them. Both around 5-6 inches
  5. A

My 38cm Hoplias Curupira - a wolf fish with great personality

This is my very 1st post with attached photos. Here are my picture of my 2 years old Hoplias Curupira, i bought him when he was 12cm and now he is 38cm. He grows so well eating frozen shrimps, catfish fillets, squids. He never eats too full. And never be in bad tempered when hungry. If he is...
  6. M

Aimara with small tetras ?

I was wondering if anyone keep their large wolf fish 12"+ with small tetras or even rasboras ? I have a 16" aimara currently eating frozen tilapia and jewel cichlid.
  7. B

Black wolf fish with black spotted eel?

I have a 7" black spotted eel (Mastacembelus dayi) and a 12" tiger bichir (Polypterus endlicheri). I'm wondering if I could put a black wolf fish (Hoplias curupira) with them? The Bichir I think would be fine but I'd rather not have my eel eaten or beat up by the wolf fish. I have a grow-out...
  8. fishmarket

Another wolf fish tankmate question

So I was browsing this fish store that I often go to my surprise I saw a wolf fish over a foot long in a tank with a school of blood parrots, some bichir, and a few catfish that were similar in size. As far as I knew about wolf fish at that point tank mates were impossible. The store owner said...
  9. A

Wolf fish ID

Hi all, found this wolf fish in exotic fish.com. Does anyone know if this is a safe place to buy from? Also this wolf is just listed as Columbia. Wolf. Is it a mala?
  10. AquaScape

Wolf Fish!!

Wolf fish are stocked up!!! Common, red, black,and even Aimara!!! www.aquascapeonline.com OR (908) 634-0820 !!!!
  11. I

Hoplias Lacerdae Id?

I bought this wolf fish from a good friend of mine and he claims that it is a hoplias lacerdae but I’m not so sure about it, so I need a few guidance and Id from the experts. And the link is the under jaw of the fish hope it helps the identification
  12. JoshuaLow

For Sale  SB Rtc, Golden Dorado, Hoplias Mala and Hampala

What type of listing is this?: For Sale What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: SB RTC 10 Inch Golden Dorado 10 inch Hoplias Mala 6 inch Hampala barb 6 inch What are your prices?: WhatsApp 98003648 if interested Where are you located?: Bukit Batok Pickup or Able to Deliver?: Pickup Only...
  13. m_sol

I need advice with my wolfs

I bought a second wolf the other day which is about 7' and my smaller wolf keeps on bullying it. Will this eventually stop? I don't want to lose a wolf thanks!
  14. V

New Little guy says Hello

I had to get him shipped from across the country. I’ve been trying to find one that wasn’t $300 for a while now ( Canada). Currently hanging out in a 125, sooner or later I will put it in my 225 likely solo except some tasty friends. Just wanted to Share Him/Her
  15. Ash_water

Is this wolf a male or female?

Guyz please refer this video and tell me whether this wolf is a male or female. Link to the video. Thank you.
  16. P

110g predatory ideas?

I’m thinking of setting up a 110g 398L 59”x19”x25” 150x50x65cm tank, with a fluval fx6 I’m looking for a single or pair of larger personable relatively active aggressive / semi aggressive fish my current ideas are - 2 oscars (start at 6, give 4 back to store) - 1/2 flowerhorn (if they get...
  17. Ash_water

Wolf Fish Info

Hi Guyz. This is my Wolf. This is a Malabaricus right? Also whats the average size for Malabaricus in Aquariums? Whats the largest size Malabaricus you have seen in an Aquarium? Also are there different types of Malabaricuz Wolf fish? Thank you for the info ??
  18. N

For Sale  PNG Black Bass and Aimara

Have a 14” PNG Black bass and 14” Hoplias Aimara living together. Both eating massivore. Can ship Delta Air Cargo or drive to you in SoCal. Bass: 700 Aimara: 550 Text me 310-801-3108 for pics Thanks! - Nick
  19. E

Wolf fish compatability

Picked up a 265g the other day, 7'x2'x2', going to be housing some bichirs, a florida gar, a lima shovelnose, a female parachromis motaguense, and possibly a spiny eel, something like a dayi. Could a red wolf fit into this mix? Red wolf would end up being the smallest fish in the tank, and most...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store