crayfish

1. S

Dwarf Mexican crayfish molting in progress

one of my crayfish is currently molting and seems to be having significant issues! He got his head and his claw out and seems to be struggling getting his back legs out. He’s lying on his side and not moving so much. Is there anything I can do to help the little guy out? I’ve only had these...
  2. K

Want to Buy  WANTED EXOTIC CRAYFISH OR VAMPIRE CRAB

Hey guys i'm interested in exotic crayfish. something other than the usual blue red white. preferably imperial purple cherax or thunderbolt. also vampire crab other than purple or red devil. whatever the species eyes must not be black. yellow i guess. email or text. text is best . 917 774...
  3. F

For Sale  Asian River Prawn - 4 inches

Hi Fishkeepers, it's time to let my prawn go to a more suitable environment. I've had this prawn about 2 years raised from 2 inches. It needs to be housed with more aggressive fish, cichlids or larger tank mates. He is predatory in my tank and is chasing the other fishes around. (i.e. clown...
  4. xenacanth9

xenacanth9's Invert Profiles

Giving it a shot. This is an extension of my fish of the day thread. Plan on posting a profile each Thursday.
  5. xenacanth9

Anyone have these?

https://aquaticarts.com/products/christmas-tree-crayfish#:~:text=The%20Christmas%20Tree%20Dwarf%20Crayfish,comparison%20to%20other%20Procambarus%20species.&text=This%20crayfish%20is%20almost%20never,range%20in%20Florida%20and%20Georgia. This is a rare dwarf cray known as the christmas tree...
  6. W

PREAGNANT CRAYFISH

I have a preagnant crayfish. she doesn't seem to be eating... what can vegies can I feed her??? I have separated the crawdad.. Pzl help me it's my frist thread and also frist cray preganancy...
  7. X

Shrimp identification?

Hey I got the sky the other day, and well I'm not sure what he is now... Looks like a super small crayfish to me... And has some major attitude.
  8. T

Crayfish Male form 1

Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone can give me a good idea of what it looks like for a male crayfish form.. clear pictures perhaps. Or a better explanation.. all I find online is a picture I don’t really understand. Thank you for your help. Elenor
  9. F

crayfish problem.

Hi ! i'm new here, i stumbled across this website as I was looking for a solution or an explanation to an "issue" with my both male and female scarlet crayfish . I bought them roughly a week ago, i'm not an expert but, they seemed ok, and I added ladder for them to climb up to the surface. only...
  10. T

Tank Mates?

Alright, sooo... I posted about adding an Oscar to my tank with Tiger Barbs and Crays, but have decided against it... However, I now took out the more aggressive, two-pincered Cray and put it into my father's large tank after one of the barbs had lost a fin on one side and couldn't swim, only...
  11. T

Oscar With Tiger Barbs And Cray?

So I have a tank with a school of 5 Albino Tiger Barbs and 2 Common Crayfish (One missing a pincer) However, I've been thinking that maybe an Oscar would be fine too? The Tiger Barbs are decent size, though I think still pretty young and not at full potential in growth. The Cray with only one...
  12. J

Best food for P Clarkii (crayfish)

What is the best food to feed P Clarkii crayfish? Food that provides them with calcium and iodine but are less harmful to the quality of the tank water. Thanks
  13. J

New to this forum

Hi all I’m new here, but I’m not new to using a forum or to aquatic aquariums. I have owned and helped others who owned forums and websites. My father loved everything about fish. He had many fish tanks when I was growing up, he also loved fishing. Currently I’m getting back into...
  14. N

Need help with berried cpo.

I wasn’t planning in breeding my cpo crayfish since I was told they won’t breed if you don’t have enough hiding spots(I have a 10g nano tank) so I only set it up to have my current crays(taco, sachertorte/tori for short, sushimi, and scampi.. I love food) but I woke up and saw that Tori is...
  15. S

Crayfish mouthparts shell rot

My crayfish is unfortunately suffering from shell rot. I have been vacuuming out the substrate to keep it clean, doing frequent water changes, and dropping him in a salt bath every few days, but they don't seem to be doing much. The shell rot appears to be on his maxillae so I suspect he's been...
  16. N

New Tank Mates Need Help

I just bought two cpo crays for my nano tank, I have one male and one female. The tank size is 10g and I’ve read on here that they need hiding spots. I have tons of spots for them to hide such as kola logs, live plants, pots, and morimo balls. My problem is that I only see one, will they hide a lot?
  17. J

Help silver arowana seriously injured

My juvinile arowanas tail has been completely bitten off anal and dorsal fins nipped and damage to scales aswell had him since saturday been completely fine til i woke up this morning and found him like this what do i do, hes around 4-5" in a tank with a 2" jack dempsey, a 2" electric blue...
  18. fishblahblah

Are these CPO eggs fertilized?

I have 3 female cpos in a 10 gallon. I really wanted 2 females, one male but was having a hard time finding a male in the batch. One of the females was berried with all black eggs when I bought her so I figured I'd just wait for the babies and eventually get a male. I don't know how long she was...
  19. Narwhal

Underwater Crayfish Hunting

Although not fishing for fish, earlier this summer my local Dive Shop had a Crayfish hunt in a lake. It was really neat and I got some good footage of the adventure. Has anyone else gone SCUBA Diving to collect crayfish?
  20. itrebebag99

Cleaning Parasite from Crayfish?

I want to indroduce a couple crayfish into my native fish tank? How do I treat them for parasites, though? Won't anything effective on parasites also kill other invertebrates?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store