dead

1. Zak03

Confused about Oscar death?

So, I've had this red oscar for a few months. Since around the beginning of December. This dude was a beast of a fish. He was a juvenile. He has lived through an ich infestation, lived in a tank while it was being cycled, and has outlived two other juvenile tiger Oscars. He's never shown any...
  2. A

Something (worms?) killed all fish

I have a 20 gallon tank. I had an eel catfish for over a year. A few days ago I added a rope fish and a snail. Unfortunately both fish passed rather quickly. As I removed them I noticed white spots on both, which from a little research suggests worms? I have no other fish in the tank except the...
  3. Zak03

Oscar Died. What did I do Wrong?

Alright. So I purchased two baby Oscars (red and tiger) from Petco a little bit over a week ago. They live in a 40-gallon tank ( i will upgrade later, don't worry) with two baby sun catfish and two baby common plecos (which I added today). I apologize in advance for the amount of reading you...
  4. T

DEATH OF 32 INCH MONSTER PACU!

Probably belongs in the dead fish thread but it is a video so i thought i'd share it here... :(
  5. N

RIP Redtail Catfish

Hi everyone ... I bought a RTC day before yesterday and he was doing very well. Had fed him yesterday just before going to duty. Now when i came back, found him dead . And also found two holes on the skull. What might be the reason for his death? Have a juvenile peacock bass and oscar as tank...
  6. Adictd2Fsh

Kirin,Killin Parrot or short body flowerhorn? Fighting or loving?

I just got these cool guys yesterday they are in my quarantine tank right now. They were sold as killin flowerhorn parrots. You think that is correct or you think maybe short body FH or bonsi or something. They were also shipped to me and they were pretty much froze when I got them. I threw them...
  7. H

Mysterious deaths among fish?

Hi I have a 30 gallon fresh water with around 27 varied tetras 6 kuhli loaches, a small Pleco and 3 guppies. In the last three days a fish has died mysteriously, the first day one of my emperor tetras died and I decided (not knowing what happened) to dose the tank with mela fix and Pima fix. The...
  8. Larryfish

Please help! 100% accidental water change.

I was doing a water change on my 55 gallon which Is well established. And took my dog out. My.dog got off the leash which in turn took like 15 minutes to get. I come back in. All my fish are on bare gravel. I put about 45 gallons of water back in. And triple dosed prime. (SAfe up to five times...
  9. Fishpony

Mysterious Koi Death

Hello everyone! Today one of my ~10 inch koi recently died to an unknown cause. All the other koi are doing fine and eating with vigor. This koi was doing perfect yesterday and was eating well, but when i found it dead on one side of the body it was almost descaled, while the other side was...
  10. Racersk

Goodbye old friend...

Its been at LEAST 8 years since I took in this monster. He/she is an albino oscar. Tough as nails and hardy! 8 YEARS! 12.5" now and on *her* last legs of this journey known as life. Lost an eye and battled to be the master of her domain against any fish that dare to enter her space...
  11. S

catfish and bichir very bad off.

Yesterday the fish were fine. Noticed a very small cut on the catfish gills and today, this. Water tests are good. Nothing new added to the tank. Has been set up over 3 years. Any ideas?
  12. koizilla714

GE clear silicone II Mold Free Safe or Not?

Okay, So i recently used this silicone to attach some slate stone decor for my tank and my sump baffles. I have searched and got confused as some people say it's safe and some not. So what's the accurate answer? It's been 1 week since i added the decors and sump to my 125 gallon tank and see no...
  13. Angelphish

Entire species of fish dead overnight. (Minnows)

Last night all of the fish were doing O.K. No one was acting out of the ordinary, so I went ahead and did a quick water change before I went to bed. I wake up this morning to find all of the fish doing fine, except for the feeder minnows/rosy reds. Every other fish was swimming around like...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store