care

1. quasar

Fahaka Puffer..so far!

Hey everyone! So this new year I decided to convert my 125G to be the dedicated home of my new Fahaka puffer, Bloat. There's one roommate for now which is an L096 Pleco (I say for now not because I'm going to add more, mainly I'll remove her if there's trouble). I got the Puffer on Jan 1 (yes...
  2. T

Pseudopimelodus bufonis

Hello, I recently made a post asking for advice on keeping the c. apurensis. I got some great feedback but after much thought and consideration I've decided that it's just a bit too big for me, at least for now as I would like to stay in the 100-150G range. With that being said I switched my...
  3. StateCichlidInspector

Need help

So I bought some Cichlids for my tank I have 4 unknown species I'm pretty sure I have an idea on a few of them ones an Albino Socolofi Cichlid ones a Red Zebra Cichlid and then another is blue and the last one looks like a Auratus Cichlid. Basically I want them to breed I really don't know much...
  4. L

So I bought a one-eyed bichir

Just got a one-eyed ornate about 7 inches. Didn't notice until I got home. I was thinking of returning it but the one-eye really adds character and now I kinda don't want to. Will this guy grow up normal? Any one kept a one-eyed before, if so, how was it different than normal bichirs? Really...
  5. Newbkeeper

Got my first arowana. What should be the basic do's & dont's

Hi everyone, I got my first arowana yesterday. Its a baby silver arowana around 4to5 inch long. I have previous experience with bettas and chichilids. I have kept moorie blue dolphins for 3 years but unfortunately they passed since i went out of town for 10 days and my friend over fed them. So...
  6. H

Gar in a pond

Hello Everyone I'm planning to keep a Gar in my outdoor pond but I wanted to make sure they will be fine being in the pond all year. I live and Northern VA so the temperature at lowest has been 15 degrees Fahrenheit (-9 Celsius) . Also I heard that the Gars need for the top of the pond open so...
  7. M

Help caring for red texas

Hey i got a red texas hybrid 2 weeks ago and hes doing great in his 75 gallon. Only problem is there's not much info on these fish and i dont know what to trust. What temperature is he really supposed to be at? I keep him at 78 for now. Is that ok? I feed him northfin tropical sticks 90 percent...
  8. A

iso retic care & tips

hello all! So 2 weeks ago i received a text from my LFS saying they have tea cup sting rays in, so i went ahead and got one. Im new to rays but have been doing research for a while before even purchasing this fish. I acclimated her and left alone with minimal light for a few days, offering...
  9. MooseTheWizard

Ropefish Care Website

Previously I posted a thread asking for photos of ropefish to be used in a care website I was creating. I have now finished the website, and would like to share it with the community. Any suggestions or criticism are welcome. Also please let me know if something isn't working as intended, or...
  10. M

How to care for my dinosaur bichir?

So I've had this fish for maybe 6 years (I was ten when I got it) and I've had no clue how to raise this fish. I bought it from Petsmart and they told me to just feed him bloodworms every other day. I'd like to know what a dinosaur bichir needs and all, since I wasn't given any info about it...
  11. Lil g

Tips for raising flowerhorn fry

Hey guys I'm currently taking care of some flowerhorn fry that my friend gave to me and I need some tips on how to raise them. It seems like alot are dying off from some kind of bloat or something. There bellies are bulging whwn I find them dead and I only feed them flake food about 2wice a day...
  12. weston

Breeding flowerhorn

Hi so my idea is this, if I were to get some of the not so desirable looking flowerhorn that come from every batch "still coming from good breeding lines" could they produce fry with show quality features such as large koks, bright patterns, and short face/body's like the grandparents? My pair...
  13. dwsdarius

What to feed Baby Jardini Arowana

Hello everyone; I've had my jardini arowana for about 5 months now, he's grown from 2 inches to 4 inches in this period! My main problem and concern is that this fish is stubborn when it comes to feeding! It refuses everything except crickets! I've tried multiple types of floating pellets, raw...
  14. cherrybarb

Weight of shipping package for 4 6" arowanas from Singapore

What will be the package weight (Cardboard Box+Styrofoam/Rigifoam+Bag+Water+Fish) of four 6 inch arowanas from singapore.If you know the shipping cost please mention...Thank You!
  15. Fishpony

Paddlefish care?

So I am interested in keeping a paddlefish. I know that they get huge, and need lots a food and good water chemistry. I may or may not get one so I would like to know some first and knowledge. I already have a source that is willing to send a juvenile once they are in season.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store