firemouth

1. S

Help Identifying this Cichlid

It was sold to me as a firemouth, I've always thought it was a Jack Dempsey. It has beautiful red eyes but I haven't been able to confirm its species. Concerned for tank mates and future issues.
  2. Tripping Willow 91

T.meeki pair with their first brood

My firemouth pair with their first brood, this was also their first spawn, they've been excellent parents and very protective. The fry have been out free swimming for 4 days now, the parents have moved them from one end to the other and back again. Their numbers are reducing and I don't suspect...
  3. Xnhx

Tankmates for Firemouth Shoal

Hey all. I recently upgraded to a 75 gallon tank for my Firemouth and have decided to start a shoal of 5 to more closely replicate their habitat. I have australian rainbowfish and tiger barbs with him right now, but am rehoming the rainbows for a different schooling fish. Which leads to my...
  4. L

American cichlid tank with a peacock eel?

Wondering if my idea would work. I have a 95 gallon tank but it has a looot of decor so practically a 90 with an 8inch Red Devil, 3inch and 1nch firemouths, and 4.5 inch convicts and wanted to add a Peacock eel. Fish get along great together, I’ve had the tank for a year. Thoughts?
  5. HybridFinatic

FREE  Free Promising pair of firemouths for pickup

I’ve got a male and female pair of firemouths at 3 inches that look to both have the best looking for color and body shape potential out of their a group of 6 I got from the my local fish store. Nice looking specimens with a rainbow of colors especially on the supposed female. Looking to rehome...
  6. F

115 Gallon Tank

Well it has been a eventful week. I was meant to get a 75g on Monday but shipping company broke it. I then started to ask around when I talked to my uncle who had a old 4x2x2 he didn’t want so now I’ve got that. I’m not really sure what to stock it with. I have 1 firemouth that has gotta go in...
  7. Jexnell

FREE  Six Firemouths cichlids

Giving away six Firemouths cichlids. From their actions I believe them to be 4male and 2female. The three biggest males have all staked out about a 1/3 of a 6ft 125gal tank. Here is odd man out, he lingers up near the pipes and such. And these two hang out together just above the plants...
  8. Jexnell

Convict Paradise

As of late I have been advocating the idea of a "Convict Paradise". The idea of housing some variety of the Amatitlania family in a lot larger tank than normally given to the species with lots of non cichlids. I decided to take my own advice and set one up in a 125gal tank. Filtration at the...
  9. Green Devils-Red Terrors

New tank with babys.

I've finally had time on break to have the 125 gallon set up!! :hearts: Question, I have four BABIES in the tank as of yesterday. 2" Jaguar Cichlid, he's gorgeous gold. 2" Firemouth Cichlid. 1 1/2" Green Texas. 1" Salvini. My brother got to choose 2 fish for setting it up and he chose the...
  10. RubyRuby234

My New Electric Blue Texas Cichlid!!!

Say hello to Turquiose!! She is my new Electric Blue Texas Cichlid!!! She is beautiful and a little stinker! My other fish were following her all day yesterday it was so cute! She ate right away, and seems to be fitting in well with a sub group of my fish in the tank! So happy!! Happy Birthday...
  11. RubyRuby234

Oscars digging and breeding behavior

I cleaned the tank and moved some things around. Well two fish that shall remain nameless were unhappy with my design and south to fix it! Sassy girls!!
  12. RubyRuby234

Ruby and Opal hard at work!

I cleaned the tank and moved some things around. Well two fish that shall remain nameless were unhappy with my design and south to fix it! Sassy girls!!
  13. cichlidfan77

south america cichlid tank

I thank thats every one . Can you find the green severum? new firemouth and Golden mojarra
  14. RubyRuby234

Picture Perfect

The title says it all.. Here’s a link to a little video of my tank I just posted today, so it includes my newest addition!!! Check it out! Thank you to everyone who likes and comments on my posts here. I appreciate all the feedback and advice, I don’t have any friends or anything in the hobby...
  15. RubyRuby234

Small in size... MASSIVE in attitude

It is my pleasure to introduce you to the queen diva of my tank... the little 4 1/2” firemouth who picks on EVERYONE including my two 7” Oscars. She was my first cichlid I ever had, and I guess because she was alone for a little while she believes she’s a goddess and everyone should obey her...
  16. Nano Vanisher

Leucistic Convict X Firemouth Eggs (maybe)

Good morning, My male pink convict and female firemouth have had a loose pair bond for a couple of weeks. Her female papilla was out all day and I observed them looking for a place to lay. They were taking all day , when I woke up she was guarding the clutch. I did not see him fertilize the...
  17. S

Unknown Death PLEASE HELP

Hello, I am only 16 years old so please don't get mad at me if I made any obvious mistakes or anything like that please. What Happened Around a week and a half ago, I ordered 6 Electric Blue Acaras, 2 Firemouths, and 2 Plecos...
  18. S

Unknown Death

Hello, I am only 16 years old so please don't get mad at me if I made any obvious mistakes or anything like that please. What Happened Around a week and a half ago, I ordered 6 Electric Blue Acaras, 2 Firemouths, and 2 Plecos...
  19. I

Firemouth pair tank mates?

I have a 90g where I'm planning on breeding firemouths. I want to add another species. I would love to add a severum, but I think it would be too much for the firemouths to handle or vice versa depending on size. Would a jack dempsey or a texas be too much for the firemouths even if they are a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store