aggression

1. fishmarket

Another wolf fish tankmate question

So I was browsing this fish store that I often go to my surprise I saw a wolf fish over a foot long in a tank with a school of blood parrots, some bichir, and a few catfish that were similar in size. As far as I knew about wolf fish at that point tank mates were impossible. The store owner said...
  2. C

Geophagus Tapajos Territorial

Hey all, I’ve got 4 juvenile red horse faces in a 55 gallon tank at the moment, 3 of them are generally okay but the largest is quite aggressive and territorial usually leading to the others having to share a small side of the tank. does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to what...
  3. N

Group of angel fishes not pairing up.!!

I have 16 angels which are collected randomly and left in a 75 gallon tank 60% of them are siblings. They are all adults above 12 to 16 months. And now its been almost two months they are together and doesnt show any mating rituals. All are very active and agressive to each other since then. I...
  4. B

Fish attacking bichir b- hole

Ok laugh, but seriously. My barbs have been relentlessly biting my bichirs on the cloaca. Even after being fed to satiation, they keep doing it! Im worried this is going to lead to injury and infection. I noticed it for the first time last night. Has anyone ever dealt with this? Do I need to get...
  5. S

Is this Oscar behaviour normal?

I have two Oscar ( bigger one slightly bigger them 6inches and smaller one around 4.6 inches). Had them together since young. Recently I have notice them clearing a spot in the tank. They take turn clearing gravel from the same spot( created an empty spot 1inch by 1inch) using their mouth. They...
  6. agent1207

Odd Aggression Behaviour.

Over the course of a year absolutely no violent behaviour from the Jaguar Cichlid, until a couple of days ago where the Jaguar cichlid would non-stop continually attack an Oscar. The Oscar is now separated to allow it to heal. This is where the odd behaviour part of the question begins. I...
  7. Beau_kirch

Green Terror Aggression

Hi, I’ve got a 6x2x2 tank with a juvenile Oscar (About 5cm) , juvenile Saratoga (about 12cm) and a juvenile green terror (about 8cm).... the green terror seems to be extremely aggressive, it’s relatively constant chasing of both.... as if the green terror is saying... “no you’re not going...
  8. U

Compatibility questions + please help identify + Bala Shark in 70Gal?

Hello, I have an ***h0le blue texas (25cm) and a common pleco(30cm) in a 45gal (obviously a nano tank for this fish, I know, please don't trow rocks at me, I water change religiously) with a bunch of snaks (guppies). I'm buying a 70 galon this weekend as an upgrade. The problem is , there...
  9. Blakewater

B. Vaillantii Aggression/Territorial?

Has anyone else had experience with their LauLau's [or other Brachyplatystomas] not necessarily going out of there way to chase/hurt other bottom dwellers, but becoming pretty territorial over a portion of the tank? Mine is around 6" and currently shares the bottom of the tank with two 8"...
  10. F

Black Diamond aggression

Are Black Diamonds or Black Diamond hybrids know to be the most aggressive of Freshwater Stingrays? My Motoro and unknow Hybrid Stingray just swim around a little and hide in the sand a little. My Black Diamond hides very little and likes to climb all over the other 2 Stingrays.
  11. Jacob._.merc

Eye biter or other suggestions

Hi I am in need of some help. I have an aggressive blood parrot, 7 in female. She won't stop harassing a red peacock cichlid I have. There is a 5 inch black convict in the tank, yes I know about the pH differences and it's a bad idea and stuff but they do completely fine together. The blood...
  12. P

Green Terror Trying to Spawn?

So a week or so ago I posted asking if my GT was male or female. Got mixed responses so unsure where to go from here. Although, GT has just cleared out a spot and is guarding it ferociously, even attacking me when I get down to look st the spot. It is completely on the other side of the tank...
  13. slava2929

Cichlid custody dispute among rainbow cichlids. Divorce pending?

I have a breeding pair of rainbow cichlids who have successfully bred and raised fry before and have been together without incident for at least 6 months. Their latest batch of fry has led to a real mystery and something I never thought I would see with fish. The male has about half the fry on...
  14. Nilsafeller

Red hook silver dollar and giant red tail fighting

Dont know what to do guys! I have a 210 gallon with some oddballs... the red tail is still a juvie... about 8 or 9 inches long... same size as my red hook ,and goes after the silver dollar sometimes visciously! But every time he goes after the SD he gets torn up fins since the SD is an...
  15. islandguy11

Aggressive Asian Arowana

When I first got my GHXB I kept him in a 4ft. temporary tank until his new 7ft (325g) home was ready. During that approx. month he was always quite calm and cool. However, since putting him in the 7ft'er he has become increasingly aggressive, especially towards nets or siphons and it's gotten...
  16. clm08k

Bloody finlets

I’ve noticed my albino Senegal with a few bloody finlets the past 2 times I’ve done a water change. I change about 75% of the water every 4ish days. None of the other polys or fish show open wounds. Wondering if the bloody finlets is from aggression (he’s the smallest poly) or potentially from...
  17. slava2929

My rainbow's aggressiveness is no longer cute

I have had a fully grown male rainbow cichlid for a year now and he's an incredibly aggressive fish. I have had Jewels, convicts, keyholes and firemouths and yet my male rainbow is FAR more aggressive than anything else I have had. He goes for my hand every time I put my hand in the tank to move...
  18. Wyvlen

Pictus Catfish and Rainbow Shark

Hello! I've been fish keeping for a while, but I've found I always come across more things to question. My rainbow shark, for one, has been difficult to accommodate, but he is worth the heartache in my opinion. He's much MUCH less aggressive than he was originally, since I took steps to calm him...
  19. A

Green Terror Sexing and aggression problems

Hello, I have recently ran into some issues with green terrors and aggression in the tank. I have a 55 gallon tank currently with all juvenile cichlids. -1x 2.5" Firemouth -2x 3" Green Terror (One slightly larger than other) -1x 2" Jack Dempsey -1x 2" Common Pleco The tank is decorated with...
  20. CristianV

Trilogy of Fantasy Fish Battle: The Winner

Within the past two threads, out of all the possibilities, it has been whittled down to two finalist. The Aimara Wolfish & The Golden Dorado Place your bets on who would come out on top. Any experiences and knowledge will help us come to the conclusion, one fish left.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store