sand

1. W

For Sale  Barton Garnet Sand - 330lbs

6x sealed pals of Barton 36cg garnet sand… Arguably the best stuff to bring out the color of your bichir / fish in general. I’ve included a pic to show how it has made my bichirs color up. Lower jaws especially, the color is quite impressive. (Lap and endli pictured) Bought too much, unloading...
  2. N

Side by side pics of HTH vs Palmetto vs Aquaquartz pool filter sand

From left to right in the pictures below I have HTH vs Palmetto vs Aquaquartz. My next tank I'll be migrating to is a lot bigger and I've started to gather some additional substrate. What I have currently is a mixture of white/off white sands - mostly what the tank came with but a few aquarium...
  3. A

Mixing sand????

I recently bought 55 pounds of the 36cg garnet barnot sand for my bichirs because I really want to bring out their colors and it won’t get get here till may! Which Is kind of annoying actually but I was wondering is there any cheaper sand that I can mix with it and it would still have the same...
  4. R

Help find pink sand-freshwater

hey guys! I'm upsizing my setup soon, and am having a hard time finding the right sand for the aesthetic im going for. I want a nice soft pink sand, but the only ones I can find in the right color are live sands, not freshwater-fri
  5. S

SEEKING ADVICE: New Tank (Fish Suggestions and Setup)

Hi everyone! ? ? Since all of you are very knowledgeable, any and all help is appreciated. The tank is a roughly 43 gallon eurobraced acrylic (48in L X 13in W X 16in H). Planning to upgrade in the future, for larger fish. I have a sump setup, but I need advice on a lighting/heating setup...
  6. The-Almighty-Zugs

Black Sand or Gravel?

I am looking for recommendations on what substrate to use for my new tank. I am having a custom acrylic 240 gallon (96Lx24Wx24H) made and will be housing a single 12" or 18" Piraya Piranha. I am thinking of using some kind of thick black sand or fine black gravel. I don't like the look of large...
  7. The-Almighty-Zugs

Substrate Recommendations for 240 Gallon Piraya Tank?

I am looking for recommendations on what substrate to use for my new tank. I am having a custom acrylic 240 gallon (96Lx24Wx24H) made and will be housing a single 12" Piraya Piranha. I am thinking of maybe using a black background but really want a natural look overall. I can't afford those...
  8. kody929

210G set up advice

Hey everyone! I’ve got some renewed passion for the hobby and I’m looking to turn my 210g into a planted community tank. Right now I’m looking for advice on the substrate and lighting. Obviously a lot of substrate is required for a 2’x7’ footprint. My thoughts now are Around 9 bags of ADA...
  9. RTC probe 3

Another way to clean sand substrate?

I usually clean the debris and fish waste of the tank which is deposited on top of the sand with my siphon. But those small particles always get stuck in siphon and it is very hard to remove them. So is there another way to clean the sand without using a siphon ?
  10. LBDave

Seachem Grey Coast Sand

I'm planning on setting up a second tank for south american fish. Does anybody know anything about this sand substrate? I currently have a tank with oscars, p bass and juruparis. New tank will be similar. In this tank I have a carbiseas sand. Planted tank ph ranges fronm 7.3 - 7.5. Tap...
  11. Iamfish

Filter for 55g

So I want to get a better filter for my 55 gallon tank and want to make it bare bottom. Would a fluval fx6 be to over kill? Would a set up with an airstone on the other side of the tank and filtration on the other make bare bottom work? Thanks in advance :)
  12. J

substrate

mix white and black substrate pictures.
  13. pescado209

lowes quikrete play sand toxic?

I finished rinsing lowes quickrete play sand in the 40g. added in my 5 roseline sharks and 9 clown loaches from my quarantine tank, they have been in there for 3 weeks 20 minutes later I go check up on them and the 2 roselines are floating . I quickly remove them all and put them into my...
  14. N

Sand or gravel

Please help I just got back into the fish game after a 9 year hiatus I am setting up a 55 gallon tank tomorrow for 2 jaguar cichlids im stressed about sand or gravel now the guy I am getting the tank from had sand he's used for 3 years and I want sand personally instead of gravel. Also I and...
  15. Mugsyc

Gravel in sand

So a wile back i had small gravel in my tank, i switched to sand but was lazy and didnt take out the grvel first. So was wondering what the best or easiest way to remove the gravel now? Its cheap blue Gravel and i hate it.
  16. itrebebag99

Changing From Sand to Tiles

I initially wanted to have my black bullhead aquarium have sand on the bottom, because I thought that the bullhead would be able to display some burrowing behaviors, plus I thought it would look pretty cool. However, several months later, the sand is just being a real pain. It is difficult to...
  17. B

Brown algae at bottom of bare bottom tank, does it also grow on sand?

I have a bare bottom tank. It grows brown algae on the bottom from time to time which I scrub off. If I add sand, wouldn't algae still grow on the sand at the bottom as well? How would I remove the algae on the sand?
  18. Kalashnikov1408

Where is a good place to order specific gravel/substrate?

Im looking for something specific I cant seem to find anywhere locally. Im looking tor dark slate colored gravel, pebbles about the size of a pin head or pool filter sand of the same color. Is there a place online I can order this from? Ive seen the color gravel in tanks online but cant find it...
  19. H

what is a good prefilter for a aquaclear 110 to keep sand out?

I am switching my tank from gravel to sand and i have 2 aquaclear 110s running in it. I am looking for a good prefilter for my filter that will keep sand out them but am having a hard time finding one. So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
  20. xDestro

Getting gulpers! Few tank questions

I had to pull the trigger and order 2 gulpers from my LFS before the tank was %100 setup. I couldn't let them get away again. The tank. •the 55 gallon tank has been up and running for around 8 months now, originally on a canister and a sponge filter but canister **** out and now it's on 2...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store