severums

1. M

200 gallon stocking

Hello, I'm almost finished plumbing my 200 gallon to its 75 gallon sump. Sump will have 2 7" sock filters, sponges in the baffles, and 1/4 to 1/3 of the sump will hold bio balls. I'll have an fx6 on the 200g as well. For stocking I'm definitely going with 2 oscars. For tankmates I was...
  2. F

Severum overeating?

I have kept Severum before, but never one quite like this. I swear all this thing does is eat and it is to the point this fish looks like it might explode. IT NEVER STOPS EATING! It is a Green/Gold Severum cross about 4" long. It lives in a 150 gal tank with some Angels, a Bristlenose and his...
  3. H

Severum Identification

I was sold a turquoise severum yesterday, but the more I look at him, the less he looks like a severum. The body seems too long and there seems to be no stripped bands at all. It was the last one among a mix of golden and turquoise severums so that is a possibility as well. If this is not a...
  4. koh the face stealer

Help Sexing Gold Severums

I've had these three sevs since they were babies in a 60 gallon. Two of them seemed to pair off. They did the twitching, rubbing on each other, lip locking and scooting the sand to find some flat hard surface to lay eggs (is that how they spawn on flat rocks?). Since they started doing that...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store