fishing

1. The Masked Shadow

Native California Fish Comparison of Years - My Own Summarization

A summarization. My school has this thing called project week, which is where you choose whatever and do a project on it. Simple. In 2019, I did a project where I logged all fish counts from 3/4 day boats from Dana Wharf. I made some graphs and charts. Now, I did a project doing the same thing...
  2. Iamfish

Dark colored Channel cat

Was going through some old pictures and found a picture of this very dark channel catfish I caught years ago on the Potomac River and thought I would share it for fun. :)
  3. Iamfish

What did I catch

So a few years back my dad and I took a trip down to the potomac river to catch some catfish. Overall it was a great trip i caught my pb fish (23 pound blue catfish) and a 15 pound blue cat on a trout rod. We were using a mix for cut sunfish, white perch, gizzard shad, and when we got bored...
  4. amazonfishman

Piraiba/Dourada Fishing Suriname 2019

I'm planning to head back to Suriname in late July/early August 2019 and was going to see if any fellow members would have interest in tagging along. I will be fishing with the same company as last trip, Andree's Expeditions and the price is 2,199 Euro or about $2,550 USD for the trip at...
  5. amazonfishman

Piraiba/Dourada Fishing Suriname 2019

I know we have a fishing section on here but it doesn't get much attention and thought this post would be better suited here. I'm planning to head back to Suriname in late July/early August 2019 and was going to see if any fellow members would have interest in tagging along. I will be fishing...
  6. Deadliestviper7

Hunting invasive species

This thread is to teach, discuss and share about the control and hunt of invasive species wherever they occur.
  7. itrebebag99

"COPS KICKED US OUT FOR FISHING" *rant*

I just wanted to express my opinion on the obnoxious YouTube channels that engage in this specific behavior. These youtubers start off by fishing in privately owned lakes, many times the lakes and surrounding property are clearly marked with "no trespassing signs", sometimes there is even a...
  8. itrebebag99

Do fish feel pain/Is Fishing Cruel?

I do know that fish contain nociceptors, but do they have the mental capacity to feel pain? Since they lack a neocortex, I was thinking that they most likely just perceive pain as information. Does anyone out there have a better answer?
  9. B

peta and fishing

I grew up fishing with my dad using earthworms as bait. It was fun for us. Does this sound abnormal? People from peta think it's cruel because they believe bugs have rights as well as fish. The royal families of the queen/king of England and other countries do community work so they feel better...
  10. B

Peta and fishing?

I grew up going fishing with my dad using earthworms as bait. It was a fun sport for us and we also ate the fish we caught. Does this sound abnormal? Why does peta view this as cruel, that earthworms have rights, and fish have rights....? Go do something about the fishing laws if you care so...
  11. papawoody

I'm Going to Thailand tomorow any tips ?

HI folks , this is super last minute because I haven't really been on MFK for a few years but I'm about to have a few days in Bangkok and a week or so in Chiang Mai . I'd like to see some awesome fish stores , maybe a breeding farm if theres one open to the public ... And possibly go fishing (in...
  12. Larryfish

Fishing as a hobby

Hi. I was just wondering how the majority of you feel about fishing as a hobby. Catch and release. ? I just wanted to get some input as to weather or not you think it's okay
  13. O

Any shark fishermen here?

Any tips on what reel to go with? I'd prefer to go big, how big of a shark can a 12/0 senator handle? I've already got an Abu Garcia Ambassador Big Game 7000 and a Shimano Tiara (which I've forgotten the size of) that could probably handle some smaller sharks, around 4-5 foot or so. Would I be...
  14. divemaster99

Fishing Season 2k16!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm not sure where NCStateFisher is this year, as he's always been the one to start these annual threads in the past. However, it is already February and I'm sure that there are some folks here who have already been out on report-worthy trips this year so in his absence, here is the...
  15. H

Intermediate bass fishing advice?

Hey guys, Recently re-registered on the forums here. I went under the name of ibz_rg a while ago. I just moved down to San Antonio, TX (for military reasons), and I'm looking to get heavily into bass fishing while here. I've casually fished for most of my life. I was raised in southwestern...
  16. Lukanani guy

Freshwater Fishing El Niño ( Rain Fishing )

Hey guys it's me! Went fishing Dec 5th during major flooding here in s. Fl. Busted out with the hands-free Umbrella and hit the golf course,1 Bass 4 peacock bass seen some carp too and one actually came up and hit the lure..I'm using 1 3/4" Rebel minnow in gold which i modified by removing the...
  17. Lukanani guy

Monster Red Oscar! s.Fl wildcaughts

It's been a while but came back and had to show you guys this..came across a pond in miami dade loaded with nothing but red oscars! One was a giant at 2.14 lb (not measured but maybe 15-17") before this my biggest oscar was barely over 2 lb. and 13" From what i hear, there is an even bigger...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store