ropefish

1. P

Fuzzy scales after fight

Hello, My second ropefish got attacked by my other ropefish on his tail. I had to separate them because they didn’t stop fighting and also to let the wounds heal. Quite soon the scales became more white and started growing a fuzz. I have been using eSHa 2000 for almost two weeks now and do not...
  2. P

Ropefish fighting

Hi everyone, I’m new here and am hoping I’m posting this in the right place. Some backstory: Years back I took over a friend’s aquarium and the fish in it. I was very interested in fish and they wanted to find them a better home. They told me there were Black Mollies in there and I was very...
  3. B

Rope fish with P. Endlicheri?

I'm wanting to keep a couple ropefish with my 11 inch endlicheri Bichir but concerned he'll try to eat them. He tried to eat my 5 inch Senegal twice. I'm worried my Endli is extra aggressive and would kill even a full grown ropefish, but I see other people keep them together. I'm relatively new...
  4. Josh's Fish

Bichir Drawing Contest

In celebration of the upcoming =AZXsGDTKXURrJuCFGlEb5E_trVbh61FDtT69uOVcXAzk9DP9zCe5dQWYMEy27WYc873gsLjhxNCyTBujofk-SGs0JTZofInTlNUE6sL_Hn_i2KeyMJtVq6JSDk3GB1Lm2fGL0xQr2RZC0vnSO2cCivGjHxygpbNtO5xTFZA1i4S6_DLQlvEcw_7_lO-PD9bEH8gH6w0xRy-XZzR5V744VX7s&__tn__=*NK-y-R']#EndangeredSpeciesDay2021 we're...
  5. IgnatzMcJockel

The Poly Poll

A recent thread (What is your favorite polyterus?) brought me to the idea for this poll. I know the theme is the same, but i am interested in real Numbers. I know it's a difficult and i'm also not shure about my answer right now...so i'll give this enough time ?. How it Works: everyone has...
  6. O

Is my birchir a danger to my rope fish?

I have 2 rope fish I've had for about 4 years now that I care about very much, about 7 mouths ago I got a very young dinosaur birchir at the pet store. He was about 4 inches long when I first him and planned to only keep him in the tank with the rope fish while he was tiny and move him to a 50...
  7. C

Ropefish seems very ill suddenly

I’ve had my ropefish since November. Overall he’s done pretty well. I fed him primarily tilapia as that’s the only thing he want to eat for the most part. I recently switched to cod. The last few days I’ve noticed he was acting rather strange. Choosing to float around at the top of the tank...
  8. S

FREE  FS ASAP San Francisco Bay Area CA, local pickup only—3 ropefish, Medusa pleco, 2 panda garras

Hi! Long story short, my 55 galon freshwater tank cracked, and I cannot replace it. These fish are hanging out in a bucket with an airstone and need to go to a new home ASAP. I’m gonna try calling LFSs tomorrow too but will update this thread if they become unavailable. 3 ropefish, medium...
  9. H

Ropefish Only Eating Bloodworms

Hey y’all! I know they’re not polypterus but this is the closest forum I found. I’ve had two young ropefish in a 55g community tank for about a month. I made the mistake of feeding them primarily frozen bloodworms with some frozen brine shrimp for most of this time. After further reading I...
  10. C

My ropefish is picky and I worry about him

Got a ropefish recently. He’s been doing okay except he’s very picky. I’ve tried: fluval bug bites, homemade fishfood (beefheart), chopped up earthworms, and freeze tried tubifex worms. I can’t do bloodworms or shellfish as I’m severely allergic to both :(. I’ve only ever seen him eat once...
  11. M

Normal Ropefish Behavior?

Hi! I got some rope fish recently and I'm really crazy about them. I adore their little snake faces and their tiny flappy pectorals. I did a lot of research before buying them, but now that they're here I'm looking for advice from people who have actually kept them. I want to make sure they're...
  12. J

Ropefish Babies?

13. J

Ropefish Tankmates

So my 4 ropes are finally here and will be added to the 180 next week. I have 2 questions before adding the ropes. 1. I have had the 180 running as a guppy/platy tank for the last few months so they will breed like crazy and the rope could have fish to eat in case it doesn’t want bloodworms...
  14. W

WTB : Ornate bichir and ropefish in SoCal

I'm looking for 2 Juvenile ornate bichirs and 4 juvenile ropefish to pick up in SoCal
  15. J

Over crowded?

Let me know if wrong place, it’s my first post here after constantly reading other advice lol. I have a 180 gall tank that I’ve had for awhile and haven’t got it running due to being torn on what to stock it with. And as I kept thinking about it I realized I want a ton of bottom dwellers and...
  16. PGJE

Pleco and ropefish?

Hello, just wondering if a pleco and a ropefish are compatible in a 150 gallon aquarium?
  17. Blakewater

Pics From Feeding Time Today

Enjoy guys, I felt artsy! These are a few of my mini monsters getting fattened up. Only one missing is my ornate and regular sen.
  18. senegalrb

Help my Ropefish got swallowed!

Please help. I was dumb enough to buy an endli bichir. And added it to my 120 gal ropefish tank. I feed them a mix of earthworms, squid, fillet fish and an ocassional bloodworm treat. My endli began to bulk up and tonight when i was about to feed them i saw my ropefish tail bit sticking out of...
  19. C

Reedfish

So I ordered a Reedfish over the weekend. It arrives Thursday. It's about 11 inches long. I have two tanks it can go in. It can go with my baby Bichirs (3 inch Senegal, 5.5 inch Albino Senegal, 6 inch Ornate, 5 inch Endli) or my Oddball tank (7 inch Alligator Gar ((Being Donated to local...
  20. S

Is this pop eye?

Rope fish was acting lethargic yesterday. Usually swims a lot in the current and hangs out all over the tank. Found him looking like this today. Setting up a quarantine tank with one of the sponge filters from this tank but honestly not sure what to treat him with. Any help is greatly...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store