brackish

1. zdolla3

Silver Datnoid (Datnioides polota) Salinity?

Does anyone know the salinity a silver datnoid should be at? I have a larger banded archerfish whose in freshwater and I’d like to get him over to brackish alongside a silver dat I want to purchase in the near future.
  2. N

For Sale  Green Chromides

Hi, I have 6 green chromides, etroplus suratensis for sale. $25 each. Retail was $35 each so already discounted. Would prefer to sell as a group. They are about 2” or bigger. Eating flakes and growing well. Just selling because I need the tank space to raise fry. They can thrive in fresh...
  3. mattybecks

SNB + Marine Micro Fauna - Brackish Water - Cirolanid Isopod

I wasnt sure what heading to use for this question so I just put all the keywords in there. I have done research online but haven't found anything to be a solid enough answer. 3 Questions in short: - Is Saltwater Nitrifying Bacteria (SNB) exactly the same bacteria as found in Brackish water...
  4. B

Ornate Bichir brackish?

I recently read that ornate bichirs can live in brackish and even saltwater. Anyone know if that's true?
  5. L

Brackish frogfish help

So my brackish water frogfish has developed a weird lump under his mouth (throat area) a week or so ago and I was think it’s a goiter, though I’m not sure. Thankfully it doesn’t seem stressed, though I’m a bit worried. I will admit its diet hasn’t been great as I haven’t been able to stop and...
  6. xenacanth9

Genus profile: Dichotomyctere

Dichotomyctere (Formerly a part of Tetraodon) is a rather small genus of mostly similarly-sized pufferfish, containing three of the most popular aquarium puffers in the world: Dichotomyctere nigroviridis, the green-spotted pufferfish, Dichotomyctere ocellatus, the figure eight pufferfish, and...
  7. xenacanth9

Anyone keep these?

This is a Nandus black tiger leaffish. Not to be confused with black tiger badis. An LFS had one some of these not long ago but I did not end up getting any. They were $15. Are these totally freshwater, or brackish like some other Nandus? How big do they get? I couldn't find a ton of info. Are...
  8. xenacanth9

Underrated Eels and Where to Find Them - PART II

I posted this thread on a couple of cool Anguilla ("true" eel) species that are underappreciated in aquariums about a month ago. Well, here is a continuation. Please note that this thread does not include spiny eels, swamp eels, or any other fish that is commonly sold as an eel without actual...
  9. xenacanth9

Pike Congers

Does anyone have any info on Pike Congers or where to find them? I think they're sometimes seen at some Asian markets but are practically non-existent in the aquarium trade. Does anyone know where to find them live? Doesn't have to be an aquarium site, can literally be on a food site. Just as...
  10. xenacanth9

Where to find Congresox talabonoides?

Interesting species, am looking for a live specimen. Little is known about their aquarium care. If anyone knows where to find one, please let me know
  11. xenacanth9

In search of elusive blenny

Does anyone know where to find Omobranchus ferox? I know fugupuff had some a while ago but I can not find any currently available
  12. xenacanth9

Guitarfish... in freshwater?

So, I've come across a couple sources that claim that certain types of guitarfish have been known to occasionally appear in brackish, sometimes even freshwater habitats. The following sources all mention this somewhere if you look for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitarfish...
  13. vitaly

Massive Puffer Swarm!!!

I've attracted a huge swarm of baby checkered puffers by offering some cocktail shrimp. All puffers love eating seafood: shrimp, scallops, clams, and crabs. They can't resist it. These are native North American puffers Sphoeroides testudineus. They frequent brackish and marine estuaries...
  14. xenacanth9

In search of Banded Archerfish, recommended sources?

Could anyone here recommend a store (online or physical) where one could obtain Banded Archerfish for a reasonable price? (Preferably UNDER $30 per fish with a shipping cost that's not too ridiculous. I'm not exactly broke but I am a little tight.) I've been looking for them for a while, but...
  15. K

Belly full of rocks? Hogchoker with a full belly

All, I have a brackish tank with mudskippers and 2 hog chokers ( Trinectes maculatus). I've had both groups of fish since 2017. One of my hogchokers appears to always have a full belly (pretty obvious on the flatfish). I typically feed them earthworms once or twice a week. Usually the...
  16. mattybecks

At what salinity does a protein skimmer become effective?

Hi Guys, Ive kept freshwater and marine tanks before, going to try my hand at a brackish one now. In your experience, what is the minimum salinity in which a protein skimmer becomes effective? Thanks.
  17. Charney

FREE  White Check Morays

I have two white cheek morays that I am looking to rehome. They are in a low end brackish tank and need to go to a brackish setup. Pick up in Somerville/bridgewaterr NJ Please let me know if interested
  18. ptgabrys

Bumblebee grouper market?

Hey guys, not too sure what section this should be in so I chose this one. Being able to experience keeping a young bumblebee grouper (E. lanceolatus) has been a dream of mine for a while now, and I’ve been heavily considering buying one from wes. However, I only have a 180gal and obviously that...
  19. Bsixxx

Got some Trevally

Thanks to Wes, @fugupuff convincing me to step out of my comfort zone and try these Caranx ignobilis aka giant trevally and ultimately stay in the hobby... To be honest, brackish never interested me because the only fish I ever saw were scat and mono's which were basically angelfish to me, not...
  20. Deadliestviper7

Daggertooth conger?

anyone keep or know anything about them?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store