paludarium

1. Liaker

What Bichir for a 160g/600L tank.

Hello! Liaker here, I'm setting up a large paludarium project this this spring. The goal is to have a lovely view, but also hold a or some bischirs, while a semi aquatic lizard will hold the land. I am able to set up a 160+ gallon (600+Litre) worth of water in it. (Haven't built it yet so...
  2. Abyssalisk

360 Gallon Water Dragon & Basilisk Paludarium

Hey MFK, been a while! After selling all of my fish and aquariums, I've had the funds and time to shift focus to something more apartment friendly. I've always been a herper alongside an aquarist and decided to go full beast mode on my paludarium since it's the only enclosure I'll be keeping for...
  3. C

100-120 Gallon Paludarium Species List

Hello, I am new here and while I have kept fish (African cichlids) in aquariums in the past I was hoping to start a new project, a paludarium. I have done some research on them and I am hoping to keep one that is relatively self sustaining, for example I was hoping to keep the prey for the...
  4. L

lithophytic plants for paludarium?

I have a 20 long paludarium that I set up for my Phragmipedium schlimii orchid and am trying to figure out what other plants I can add? Since the orchid is lithophytic and naturally grows next to and in streams and waterfalls, the set up is rocks partially submerged in water. I might add...
  5. M

Can i keep a jardini in a brackish Paludarium?

im gonna make a paludarium and when i went to the fish store these archerfish grabbed my attention and i really want them now but they need brackish water, can a jardini arowana live in brackish water?
  6. N

Which canister filter for a 120g paludarium?

Hi everyone, it's been forever since I posted on here. I have a 120g glass tank (4x2x2) that I am setting up as a paludarium for my adult musk turtle. The plan is for the tank to be half-full with water, leaving the upper half for 1-2 islands with plants. For now the tank is equipped with a weak...
  7. Josh's Fish

Primitive Fish Riparium Update - April

Hi, thought I'd do an update since I haven't posted in a while. Is a long one, but have cool pictures to trick you in to thinking it's not boring haha The tank is 7ft long x 4ft wide x 2ft deep (1400 litres) with a 16 inch tall sliding glass door riparium section. The riparium plants are...
  8. B

Paludarium plants

Looking for plant suggestions that would do good in a high humidity environment. I was thinking vivarium plants but unsure. It is for a land portion of a 80% water paludarium that is sealed(no grow out possibility). So a max of 6 inches height is preferable.
  9. B

ABF with UpperJaws

Does anyone have experience keeping African Butterfly Fish with smaller uppers like Retropinnis, Mokele-mbembe and either a Polli/Dehlezi/Palmas/Senegalus? There will also be an African knife and 3 ropes and a few other 6" Middle/top swimmers. It will be in a 150 paludarium with around 20" of...
  10. B

Bichirs in a planted paludarium?

First off, I have been researching my favorite fish. Every time I have a question about Bichirs, Google has turned me to this forum (literally every time lol). So I figured Why not join? I use the term paludarium loosely. Idealy I am looking to get an Aqueon 210. The top 5-7 inches or so will...
  11. Narwhal

Cichlid Paludarium

I was interested if their are reptiles or amphibians, especially from Africa or Madagascar, that can be housed alongside African cichlids in a terrestrial section. I know I have seen OB peacocks kept with large crocodiles at zoos (clearly not something that can be replicated at home) This is...
  12. Lady Sphinx

Plant Ideas for Paludariums

I've always enjoyed the aquarium/terrarium aka paludarium but have never actually set one up but lately I have started to do research about setting one up and filtration system used. After reading about the setting up I still want to hear about good plants to use in the water and especially...
  13. T

Snails for a mudskipper tank?

As I'm upgrading my mudskipper tank, I feel like I could add a snail or two. I personally would like a "terrestrial snail", and a aquatic snail. Although I'm scared if it would cause any damage to the mudskipper or the proposed snails themselves. I'm looking for a nerite snail for the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store