tank size

1. ΡredatoryFishLover

arapaima tank/pond size?

I am not asking this question for personal reasons, rather general curiosity. what tank/pond size does a full grown arapaima truly need, and what do you guys see as the acceptable bare minimum? from all the research I have done into this, answers vary incredibly. I have heard as small as 1000 GL...
  2. That Trinindad Pleco

What Fish Got You Interested In Fish Keeping

What fish when you saw it made you get interested in fish keeping. For me it was the Common/Trinindad Pleco. Most people buy their commons not knowing how big they get, but that’s the fish I wanted. I wanted a bottom dweller that got big but no to big, so I started researching the Commons. Now I...
  3. That Trinindad Pleco

What Fish Made You Want To Keep Fish

What fish when you saw it made you get interested in fish keeping. For me it was the Common/Trinindad Pleco. Most people buy their commons not knowing how big they get, but that’s the fish I wanted. I wanted a bottom dweller that got big but no to big, so I started researching the Commons. Now I...
  4. T

Monster Cichlids: Fish to Tank Ratio

Hello experienced Monster Central/South American keepers! I am planning a future tank. I would love to get a realistic understanding of how many 12-16 inch American Cichlids can be housed in 300 gal tank? 600 gal tank? 1000 gal? Is there a rule of thumb from your personal experience? Does the...
  5. Z

Tank Size and Inhabitant Compatability Questions

Hi there! Let’s assume that money is no object and any tank size is perfectly affordable (which it’s not lol) but let’s assume. Whenever I move houses I am hoping to get a substantially large tank as a dream freshwater aquarium. Tank first obviously, fish later. I am looking to get an Arowana...
  6. O

Can i place 3 nerites snails in a 5 gallon tank?

Can I place 3 nerites snails in a 5-gallon tank? I have a overstock 10 gallon tank and want to place the snails in a smaller tank so I don't have an overstock tank the snails will be alone in the tank with no other fish can i do that? i do regular water changes on all my tanks.
  7. A

Leopoldi black diamond stingray growth rate?

Hello everyone, i was just wondering what's the growth rate of Leopoldi black diamond stingrays? And Leo X motoro? how long would a 6 by 2 by 1.5 last a juvenile?
  8. A

Tank size for the leopoldi black diamond stingray?

Hello everyone, i was just wondering what is the perfect and minimum sized aquarium for a Leopoldi? And what about a leo X moto? I hope everyone is keeping well!
  9. Benthebassmaster

Mangrove Snapper/Jack tank size

How big of a tank does a mangrove snapper need. Also can they be kept I fully freshwater for life.
  10. J

Tank Size For A Jardini

I will be getting a custom built aquarium for my Jardini once it outgrows my 6ftLx1.5ftWx2ftH. I am currently trying to choose between a 6ftLx3ftWx2ftH and a 7ftLX2.5ftWX2ftH. Which of these two would be better?
  11. Benthebassmaster

How much tiger barns in a 40 gallon breeder

How much tiger barns could I put in a 40 gallon breeder. It would just be cool to have a tank for a single species schooling fish that would act like piranhas.
  12. Benthebassmaster

Dwarf SRT flowerhorn tank size

Petzoned has a dwarf srt flowerhorn and they said it gets 1-1.5 inches. I thought it was to good to be true so I am wondering about that.
  13. U

Critique My Tank Build Design & Fish List - Please

I'm in the process of designing my 500+ gallon tank with overflows and a 50 gallon sump. It's an odd pentagon shape - 8.5' x 5' (should allow adequate turning radius for larger fish). Please look at my drawing and provide me with any comments, pointers or tips. GOOD, BAD, or UGLY! The entire...
  14. Benthebassmaster

Kelberi peacock bass minimum tank size

What would you think is a minimum tank size for a kelberi peacock bass. I usually hear 180 gallons
  15. Blakewater

How Many Cichla Would You Stock in This Tank?

No serious advice is needed but I wanted to hear some of our communities thoughts on this. I can't ask this question on any other group, however, due to the fact I'll get a bunch of unintelligible answers that're way off. So here's the question: How many Peacock Bass would you stock long term...
  16. C

Best tank size for a 3rd Floor apartment (Severums/Uaru)

Hi all! New to the site here, and keeping big fish in general and want some opinions. I’m going to be moving soon and will be capitalizing on it to do a necessary upgrade from a 55 gallon to hopefully a 90-125 gallon tank. Issue is I’m moving to a 3rd floor apartment. The fish I have right now...
  17. mattybecks

Arowana, Geos and Pothos roots

Hi there, Last week I posted about a rescue Asian Arowana I adopted, who I did a little gill curl surgery on that is doing really well now. So my question is regarding tank set up. Ive always kept it pretty simple. sand for the geos to sift through, and some rocks for them to create...
  18. The-Almighty-Zugs

Is a 96 x 24 x 24 big enough for an adult Giant Gourami?

Is a 96 x 24 x 24 big enough for an adult Giant Gourami? Do I NEED more width? Or would this size of a tank be good?
  19. The-Almighty-Zugs

Tank Size for Piranha

So I am a beginner enthusiast and am wanting to start with Piranha. My question has to do with tank size as I hear the more piranha in a tank the better to give them more confidence. But this also means a bigger tank. So I was wondering if I had say 4 fish, how big a tank would I need? I've...
  20. S

Frontosa question

So AQ advisor says 5 Frontosa (4 females to 1 male) is fine for a 120g (48”x24”x24”) for life. They would be the sole inhabitants of the tank other than some ghost shrimp. I always throw a pile of ghost shrimp in tanks with rock work to clean trapped food out of the tiny crevices. Just want to...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store