texas

1. R

Want to Buy  Super Red Texas SRT 2-3" - MA

Looking for 1 male or a small group of SRT, 2-3". Willing to pay for shipping or drive a fair distance. Located in MA.
  2. Cichlids keeper

Carpintis/Texas x Jaguar line breeding ideas?

I saw a Texas Jaguar hybrid, and I was wondering what would happen if I line bred a new hybrid. I was thinking a white/gold base with a nice blue for the Jaguar patterns would be good. I was also thinking a taller thicker body that is around the same size of a regular Jag, maybe bit of nuchal...
  3. the animal guy

For Sale  8” Blue Texas Carpinti , southern cali

Male $60 pick up only. 91745 ca
  4. the animal guy

For Sale  Blue texas, Midas, Flowerhorn, S. Cali 91745

11” Midas 4” Midas 8” Blue exas 6” blue Texas 4” Flowerhorn
  5. the animal guy

For Sale  8” male Carpinti

626-231-1623 Ca 91745
  6. Nilsafeller

Flowerhorn ID

Hey guys! I consider myself to have decent knowledge with flowerhorn but have only kept srd... alot of the names and terms for flowerhorn seem silly to me and just gimmicky... question I have is for 2 "flowerhorn" I had bought about 2 months ago at 1 inch from my lfs in a mix tank of FH and red...
  7. Nilsafeller

Your are NOT the father

Feel like I need to bring my fish on Maury or something... I'll start off with asking my question before getting into a whole story so I dont bore people before they read everything lol! Has anyone ever had a tank with say 3 or more cichlids and ended up with a female laying eggs and...
  8. T

FH maybe a Texas?

Right, so new at this FH thing. After watching many videos I decided I needed one. Now I have I'm I'm confused as to whether I've been given the wrong fish Advertised as a king cherry Flowerhorn, but the more pictures I look at the more he's got me convinced he's a Texas possibly. The only...
  9. U

Texas agresssion

Hello, I've got a Blue Texas who lived with a pleco for a year. Previously I had parrots and other cichlids in the tank, but they've died due to sickness. The only survivors from a 500L and a 200L tank were the Pleco and The Texas. I've got new fish, a pair of texas and a chocolate...
  10. joegriggs

Carpintis in 200 gal community

Just moved this guy/gal into my 200 gal community, I'd say around just over 3" ATM. Might start to use this thread to timeline his progress as he grows. Starting to show some real potential imo. I'll hopefully get some better pics today once settled. Let me know what you think?
  11. Z

Texas Cichlid Tankmates in 150 gallon

Just finished cycling my 150 gallon, added a 5" Texas and a 4" Paratilapia Polleni. The Texas immediately started beating up the Polleni, so I returned it to my LFS. The Texas now has the whole tank to himself, and I'm wondering what other cichlids would work with it. Could I try a Jack Dempsey...
  12. I

Firemouth pair tank mates?

I have a 90g where I'm planning on breeding firemouths. I want to add another species. I would love to add a severum, but I think it would be too much for the firemouths to handle or vice versa depending on size. Would a jack dempsey or a texas be too much for the firemouths even if they are a...
  13. P

sex my texas cichlid

Please help me to sex this fish. I bought it from petsmart and they said it is a texas. is it a male or female?
  14. Truetommy

Blood Parrot and Texas Breeding

I have recently noticed my Blood Parrot (female ~6") and Texas cichlid(male ~7") burrowing a cave under a rock, however when I looked into my tank this morning there were at least 300 fry swimming with them. I took out the fry and put them into a 10 gallon for now. Anyone know what these guys be...
  15. joegriggs

Help Identifying Texas

Hi, I read up that there's different types of texas, such as green and blue? I was wondering if you could help identify mine as I'm not sure what he is?
  16. K

Planning a Koi Pond

Hello all, I am in the research & planning stages for building a 750-1,000 gallon koi pond outside of Houston, TX. First, anything I should know specifically about building a pond in Texas (I've seen threads of water overheating and algae blooms from too much direct sunlight)? I plan on using...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store