festae

1. B

FREE  Free Festae Cichlids

Have a male around 8-9”, and 3 juveniles around 3-4”. Have them in a small grow out tank and no local pet shop are willing to take and they’re out growing the grow out tank. Free but must pick up.
  2. Carter020108

Want to Buy  Female festae

Anybody have female festae abailable
  3. D

Festae or Mayan? Looking for an ID check on this Red Terror.

I bought this beauty of cichlid yesterday as a Festae. Although I cross posted this elsewhere, I wanted to check this group and hear your thoughts on species and sex. Thanks!
  4. C

For Sale  Mesoheros Festae 11.50 inches

Wild Caught Mesoheros Festae Rio Esmeralda 11.5 inch male got it from Jeff Rapps couldn't find a matching female. Asking $160
  5. H

For Trade  Red terror cichlid 9 inch female for grabs

Red terror female 9inch for trade
  6. Tommytipper87

Quastion, Wild caught vs farmed

So my question is... Will wild caught fish always preduce the best colours or can farmed fish that you get in a store or online be just as colourful? Let's use the festae cichlid as that's the next fish on my list. I've been online and I've seen a store thats selling them at £10.50 each at 1.3...
  7. D

For Sale  Red Terror Festae and Christmas Cichlid for Sale

1 Large Festae (Red Terror) Male 8-9 inches $80 1 Medium Festae (Red Terror) Female 6 inches $70 1 Medium Festae (Red Terror) Male 6 inches $60 1 Xystichromis phytophagus (Christmas Cichlid) 5 inches $15 I am located in Santa Ana, CA. You can come here and see the fish first, we can meet, or I...
  8. P

For Sale  festae, flower horn, red texas, gecko

- 1 red texas fading ( sold me me as red texas, not sure to be honest ) 6 inches $ 75 - 1 kamfa flowerhorn 9-10 inches $ 125 - 2 true red terror or festae. 1 female. the other one not sure. Larger female is dominant so poor color on the other one. Both for $75. sell together only for now. buy...
  9. Mfowlie626

Festae or Mayan?

I've had this fish for a while now and been back and forth with it. It was sold as a Red Terror. What do you guys think?
  10. JESTERX626

For Sale  4 Rio Esmeraldas festae group

Four rio Esmeraldas red terrors ranging from 2-3” that came from wild caught parents via Jeff Rapps (tangledupincichlids). I’m selling them as a group for $50. Pick up in Rowland heights 626. Willing to meet within the 626 in a 10 mile radius. Feel free to text me at anytime. 6262oh29oh3oh
  11. Jonnycichlid6

9 inch gorgeous festae female

Hi, I’m moving back to the west coast and selling my beautiful female festae “red terror” cichlid. She’s approximately 9 inches in length. Gorgeous fish. Located in new haven Connecticut. Price is $175
  12. P

Red Terrors Festae Upstate NY

pick up only. I'm near Buffalo 1/2" to 3/4" $3 each.
  13. BIG-G

Equatorial Festae? and other rare fish

I stumbled upon this video and in it a fish breeder shows some very interesting and beautiful fish. Starting around the 20 minute mark he mentions a small breed of Festae he calls Equatorial Festae Anyone have any information of these? I personally have never heard of them. His claim is it’s a...
  14. E

Festae Advice

Hello, I recently acquired these two Festae which are currently divided in a 200G tank going through quarantine (they will remain in this tank for a while). The festae in the first 4 photos I was told was a female, which is what I believe due to the half black dorsal and the lack of spangling. I...
  15. Jonnycichlid6

Festae growth progression thread

I wanted to post a thread to share the growth progression of my two festae. I know when I got my first festae, I was hopeful for a female. Since most LFS sell juveniles at around 2.5-3 inch it’s often really tough to figure out the sex. After reading these forums, sounds like females have black...
  16. BIG-G

Documenting Festae size

So over the years their has been a few threads about how large Festae can get. With discussions about one reaching 20” or more. I believe it’s entirely possible. By posting this I’m in no way claiming this fish was the biggest or anything. I encourage anyone with very large Festae to post them...
  17. JESTERX626

Rio esmeraldas festae. First time parents!

It’s been a minute since I’ve posted on here, so hello. Here is my wild rio esmeraldas pair of festae with their three week old babies, currently a quarter of an inch big.
  18. raja

Flowerhorn_male x Festae (red terror) _female

Has anyone ever bred a good quality zz (red dragon) flowerhorn with festae(bright red colored one's) If so, how do the offsprings look? Post pictures as well. My friend is giving me a female festae, it's has crazy coloration and I'm planning on breeding it with my red dragon male, so any...
  19. Z

Texas Cichlid Tankmates in 150 gallon

Just finished cycling my 150 gallon, added a 5" Texas and a 4" Paratilapia Polleni. The Texas immediately started beating up the Polleni, so I returned it to my LFS. The Texas now has the whole tank to himself, and I'm wondering what other cichlids would work with it. Could I try a Jack Dempsey...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store