convict cichlid

1. GTkeeper

Not a MONSTER, but here's my Convict

Hey all, I thought I would share this with you. I've got my new (4 month old) 75g set up and it's running great! Here's my male convict, from...PETCO looking beautiful. I rarely purchase any live-stock from them, but was in getting some filter stuff and he was looking so healthy I had to pick...
  2. A

FREE  Re-home: Silver dollars, parrot cichlids, plecos, leopard bush fish, convict (free)

Hi, I am dismantling my 100g tank because I just had a baby and I can no longer take care of it. I would like to re-home the following fish: -4 silver dollars -2 parrot cichlids -1 leopard bush fish -1 convict cichlid -1 sm/med pleco -1 large pleco (all approx 2yrs old) Pickup only. Bring...
  3. N

How to self breed Convict Cichlid eggs?

My Convict pair ate both batch of their eggs laid. And they are just matured and new parents. Now male chases female and female is seriously injured. So I had to move the female to another tank and introduce a new female for the male so that they breed again! Now the new couple is showing...
  4. N

My Convict Cichlid frys get disapperared before free swimming (wigglers stage).. please help

My Convict cichlid had their first batch of frys and they are disappeared in wiggler stage.. and it’s been one month they didn't lay second batch off egg.. what could be the reason. (Its a 20 gallon tank with two pairs of convicts and both layed eggs at same time and same result for both the...
  5. C

Convict cichlids !!??

Convict cichlids about 16-20 weeks old, had them since fry and now in a 30 gallon tank, im not sure if its male or female. Theyre both about the same size but one is more darker and purple-ish, And the other is grey-ish color. Darker one has a greenish blue hints in the top dorsal fin , Grey...
  6. Hybridfish7

need help with convicts.

It's really a mess. my original plan was: clean out 10g set it up a week in advance get small marbled hrp's from Jeff Rapps at the BFD grow them out in the 10g and upgrade to 20g later what really happened: i never got around to cleaning the 10g. I was sick all of last week so i couldn't...
  7. PGJE

convicts breeding or fighting?

I recently got two small convict cichlids. The male is always attacking the female, and she has some small bite marks on her tail. The person at the pet store told me the male was trying to breed with the female, but I found it strange that he would bite her fins. :( Help please!!!
  8. PGJE

Outgoing cichlids for a 23 gallon tank???

I just recently emptied my 23 gallon tank from any fish and I was wondering what cichlids I could get? I want one that would be outgoing and swimming around a lot and excited to see me for food. I was thinking convicts, but are those too shy?
  9. baxtor_lex

Abit of a easy one - Convict Sexing

Hi guys and girls hope you've all been well. After loosing my big RD hybrid i went into community fish for a little while, but iv started to get the cichlid itch again and ended up buying a little convict. Hopefully going to get a nice tank set up for it with possibly some firemouths but at the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store