tank stand

1. Ilawis

Salt water tank build advice

Hey everyone. My wife has given me the go ahead to start planning the build for a tank in our lounge and there are a few "fun" things that i need some advice on to make it. This will be my first salt water tank. So to start dimensions are L 3655mm x W 700mm x H 900mm (144" x 27.5" x 35") with...
  2. TexasMFK31

Stand Idea........

If you look at the photo above there are essentially 4 legs that hold this tank up. I love the look and simplicity of this. So my curiosity is, do you think something similar could be done with steel legs? If made from box tubing, maybe a simple window frame look. Think, 4 vertical supports...
  3. itrebebag99

Easy Way to Level off Tank Stand

This probably isn't a new idea, but here's a method I used to ensure by aquarium's bottom trim was making even, and perfect contact everywhere: I applied epoxy where the tank would be sitting, and then covered it in plastic. I set the tank down on top of the plastic, so the soft epoxy would...
  4. Dgmannn412

Two stands one tank

I want to use two 36 inch metal tank stands to hold a 125 gallon tank the tank will not be full of water maybe 35 to 40 gallons max. And I'll be using at least 1 inch of solid wood for a base with that purple insulation foam in between. Am I doomed or will it work?
  5. B

Has anyone used the large Lifetime tables as tank stand?

It's the ones with the pronged legs, i'm not sure if the tank has to fit the same length so that the ends of the tank coincides with the location of the prong legs or if you have to do some tweaking. Anyone have any experience with this?
  6. xDestro

Fish tank stand strong enough?

I recently bought a used wooden tank stand and I'm not sure if it can hold all the weight of a 55 gallon, it has a sticker on it saying it's meant for a 75 gallon tall and has precautions about how a fish tank that size can weigh 1000+ pounds but when I look at what's acually supporting the tank...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store