oscars

1. A

For Sale  Fish for sale

3 Oscar’s all between 5-7 inches 1-lemon Oscar $65 1-Ruby red Oscar $50 1-albino tiger $50 Don’t know sexes of any fish 1-mono peacock bass about 8-9 inches $175 1-redtail catfish about 10 inches $100 located in Colonia nj Text me at 201-620-1643 thanks
  2. SwellyJelly

For Sale  Moving Sale 720G, 240G, Stingrays, Datnoids, Oscars and Catfish

Have a moving coming up next year and trying to start parting with some of my tanks and fish before then. Open to offers and can get more pics upon request. Unable to ship any fish so only doing pickups. Aquariums and other parts are open for shipping but at the buyers expense. I have a 720...
  3. S

New Oscar tank, advice please

I am getting started tomorrow, going to buy a 120-130 us gal tank. I would like to keep two tiger Oscar’s in it. Would like to get them as juveniles. Was thinking of doing a sandy substrate, 6-7 heavier rocks and or drift wood on bottom. I would like to get a canister filter with the water...
  4. K

What’s wrong with this lil guy

So I’ve had him for around a month, by himself in a 29 gallon tank and he’s got this appearance about a week after I got him. He won’t eat much except for some blood worms. I’ve been doing para cleanse but hasn’t done much
  5. U

Oscars- trying to pick fights or just asserting dominance?

Hi this is my first post on this website and I’m posting because I want to keep my fish safe. I have 4 oscars (2 6inch and 2 3inch), 2 severums, and 2 common plecos in a 125 gallon. The 2 6inch oscars grew up together in the 55 until my black tiger started picking on the albino pretty bad to...
  6. ..puSkar..

Lets see those brutes. OSCARS..

Hi guys. Been battling moderate covid from last 7-8 days, and not being able to do anything interesting. Being boored quarantined in a room. So thought that it would be nice if fellow mfks could post some pics of their oscars as they are one of the most popular fish in the hobby. Cheers ?
  7. Jjiang00

Oscars with green eyes?!

Do bumblebee oscars usually have green eyes? Or are the ones at predatory fins the only ones and the price can be justified?
  8. M

200 gallon stocking

Hello, I'm almost finished plumbing my 200 gallon to its 75 gallon sump. Sump will have 2 7" sock filters, sponges in the baffles, and 1/4 to 1/3 of the sump will hold bio balls. I'll have an fx6 on the 200g as well. For stocking I'm definitely going with 2 oscars. For tankmates I was...
  9. F

oscars with rainbowfish

hi! i was looking for some shooling fish to keep with my oscar in a 320 gallon tank with a lot of hiding spots, and i saw a video that cory made about dither fish, and in the video he mentions giant danios and large rainbows are great for oscars and other big chiclids, i have had success with...
  10. M

Transfer of ich from tank to tank

So I’ve been treating my new 125 with a blueish green liquid (premixed bottle from behind the counter no clue what it is) from a really great lfs near me. I kinda freaked out and didn’t even ask what it was. I also forgot to ask about transferring ich/ick from the python siphon I use on most of...
  11. S

Is this Oscar behaviour normal?

I have two Oscar ( bigger one slightly bigger them 6inches and smaller one around 4.6 inches). Had them together since young. Recently I have notice them clearing a spot in the tank. They take turn clearing gravel from the same spot( created an empty spot 1inch by 1inch) using their mouth. They...
  12. islandguy11

Oscars 'schooling' in resort pond

I can't say I know a super lot about Oscars but I've always had the view of them not being very sociable toward each other or other fish, esp. as they grow older. So I was a little surprised when I saw these Oscars swimming together quite nicely together in this pond at a hotel I worked at...
  13. -603FiShHoBbIeSt-

Pothos added to 125

Got some pothos yesterday, so today after work I got a piece of driftwood I had laying around that likes to float rather than sink and used rubber bands to attach the pothos to the drift wood, leaving the roots in the water with stem and leaves out of the water. Let me know what you think, never...
  14. M

55 gallon tank(btw I'm loving the new update so much easier to make threads)

Hello aquarium hobbyists! I have a 55-gallon tank with an Oscar, belly crawler pike cichlid and bichir. All of these fish are somewhere from 4-5 inches. I am planning on removing the Senegal Bichir because it stopped eating. My thinking behind this is that it shares the tank with two very greedy...
  15. Zak03

Tank Cleaness

Alright, so i have two oscars, one common pleco, and one sun catfish (all fish under 3") in a 10 gallon tank. Dont worry, i will upgrade to a bigger tank, theyre just in the 10 gallon while i reseal. i have bright green algea growing on the sides of the tank. i wipe it off, but it's back full...
  16. Zak03

Noob at Cichlids and Sun Cats

Hey guys, I'm new here. I got a 40-gallon tank with 2 baby Oscars (tiger and red) and 1baby sun catfish (aka eclipse catfish). I know, the tank will be too small eventually, but I plan on moving them into a bigger tank-75 gallons or possibly more-when the Oscars get bigger. I am new to both...
  17. troutman54

how to feed my gar

I have a longnose gar(named jerry) and 2 oscars, I feed the oscars a large variety of food but try to stay away from feeder fish but the only thing jerry eats is live feeders. when I put a feeder in the tank for him the oscars will try to eat them if jerry doesnt get to it quick enough are there...
  18. M

Red tiger oscars

Check em
  19. T

Oscar With Tiger Barbs And Cray?

So I have a tank with a school of 5 Albino Tiger Barbs and 2 Common Crayfish (One missing a pincer) However, I've been thinking that maybe an Oscar would be fine too? The Tiger Barbs are decent size, though I think still pretty young and not at full potential in growth. The Cray with only one...
  20. T

Oscars changing color

Hello I am new to keeping Oscars and have a question nobody has been able to answer. I have had five Oscars so far, but two currently, (My Red Devil killed three of them...grrr). but both of the Red Oscars have changed color frequently, while the Tigers have stayed the same for the most...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store