native

1. xenacanth9

(Native Experts Only!) Fish ID?

I collected this small, silvery fish in a brackish river (near the Chesapeake Bay) in Virginia. I would estimate it is about 1-2", and is likely a juvenile of whatever species it belongs to. Seems to be a bottom dweller in nature, though swims in the middle too. Very active and seems to be...
  2. Benthebassmaster

Fish to put in my new tank

I am getting a 40 gallon tank In a few days and I want to stock it with some predatory native fish. I want there to be a green sunfish in it but I would want to get more fish than that. Does anyone have any ideas for it.
  3. vitaly

The Biggest Gambusia Swarm in the World

Check it out. This lake is swarming with Mangrove Gambusia (Gambusia rhizophorae). It's probably the largest number of wild livebearers I've seen while being in South Florida. This guys are a lot of fun. They are slightly different from regular Gambusia holbrooki. I've only seen them in...
  4. C

Rock Bass

I would really like to get rock bass for my 125 gallon tank but can’t find them anywhere for sale. Does anyone know of any where that’s sells them?
  5. M

Wild caught juvenile Big Mouth Bass and Bluegills... Help?

Heya. I'm so new to this so I'll tell ya a story... Ok, so my son's were doing some voluntary community service (removing debris for our local golf courses canal sobthey could swim) and happened upon a cast net in the muck. Since I have an empty 75gal tank ,I figured I'd take them a bucket and...
  6. D

Tankmate Recommendations for Green Sunfish in 70gallon?

I have 2 green sunfish, one is 2" the other is about 3.5" Each one has established one side of the tank as their territory They are both in the 70gal, with a few decorations for hiding. Not the final setup, just until I get a stand for the tank (its on the floor) Tank Dimensions are around 48" x...
  7. Larryfish

Want to catch and stock a 55 gal in eastern Ohio

55 gallon will only be temporary I'm certain. I have a 125 of bosemanis that are very old and have been dying off pretty steady. I want to know what would look nice that I could catch. And where to catch it. I'm located in eastern Columbus.
  8. C

eeltail and salmon tail with oscars?

so I've recently acquired a 200 gallon tank and obviously I'm thinking about what fish i should add. since i live in australia, elated catfish and salmon tail catfish are pretty common and available at most fish stores near me. I'm interested in getting a couple oscars, but i would also like to...
  9. T

Thoughts on my 10 gal south florida native tank idea?

So, I live in south Florida where I wouldn't consider posting this to a coldwater tank, but I am trying to specialize with natives, so, here I go! Around my area is a beautiful little pond that was made from fill. South Florida has a lot of these fill ponds where the HOAs have dug...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store