1.0.1 Uromastyx ornata philbyi

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
As some of you may remember, I purchased a young male Uromastyx ornata philbyi back in 2011, and at the time had very little experience in the hobby. After roughly five years, and much learning, I finally tracked down another. A young, suspected female. Hopefully, this little girl will be able to breed with my male in a few years, in order to incorporate his genetics into the hobby. While she's been in my care for some time now, I'm still blown away by getting the privilege to work with another individual of what has quickly become my favorite species. These pictures are not the newest, with the picture of the female being from when she arrived. She's plumped back up since arriving here. Uromastyxornataphilbyi1.jpg Uromastyxornataphilbyi2.jpg

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Gorgeous, uro would be my reptile of choice if I ever went that way. Best of luck getting them to into some Barry White action.

Reactions: tlindsey

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Do you give them Parakeet seed soaked in water? They like that mixed w/ grassland tortoise food
No, I do not. The Calcium : Phosphorus ratio is atrocious, and it offers no real dietary benefit. Mazuri is fine, however it should just be a treat.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Anytime
Definitely lucky to find a female. I've been looking for one to pair with my male for some time now with no luck. I may need to talk philbyi with you some time.
Anytime. I was fortunate enough to happen across a breeder, and was far enough up in the list that his next clutch covered me. Seemed so simple after so much searching.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
As some of you may remember, I purchased a young male Uromastyx ornata philbyi back in 2011, and at the time had very little experience in the hobby. After roughly five years, and much learning, I finally tracked down another. A young, suspected female. Hopefully, this little girl will be able to breed with my male in a few years, in order to incorporate his genetics into the hobby. While she's been in my care for some time now, I'm still blown away by getting the privilege to work with another individual of what has quickly become my favorite species. These pictures are not the newest, with the picture of the female being from when she arrived. She's plumped back up since arriving here. View attachment 1191912 View attachment 1191913

My favorite reptile beautiful Uromastyx. Had a Mali years ago loved heat lol.:)

Reactions: isde02

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Looking more and more like 1.1, thankfully. Wouldn't be all that pleasant to drop the cash on two more. Doing well, up to 40g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store