10 scariest fish on planet

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
imcrystal;2237408; said:
definately wouldnt be swimmin around with those african tiger fish though. f that.
:ROFL:....:grinno: Me neither.
I just feed and watch my 12"er:D

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
Horiyoshi III;2205414; said:
Scariest?

Dude, you left out the one that senses warm urine and swims up where the urine comes from!!! Then proceeds to stick out spines so it can't come out.

I would think that smokes your whole list holmes.

ahh.. the dreaded Candiru fish.. man's only natural enemy

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
found a natural trap for sturgeon near the river by my house. After the rain water retreat there are about 20 or more 6' skeletons.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
necrocanis;2238517; said:
found a natural trap for sturgeon near the river by my house. After the rain water retreat there are about 20 or more 6' skeletons.
PICS?!?

Gnuhen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Kuala Lumpur (MALAYSIA)
Yup... Pictures plzz

pdbrady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2006
Springfield, MO
necrocanis;2238517; said:
That's sad man. But yes, pics please!

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
imcrystal;2237403; said:
the only of those fish id be scared of is the sting ray & maaaaybe that black pirhanna... and probably the gator gar after reading this thread...
why?

E_americanus;2261426; said:
just wanted to make a general comment reGARding gars and prey types since i have been out of the loop on some threads and i feel this point needs to be made.

gars are actually quite gape limited when it comes to prey items. this is why a lot of early angler perceptions (including many DNR units) thinking gars were 'eating all the big sport fishes' are incorrect. gars really only eat the smaller fishes. although a longnose gar may reach over 5' in the wild, their gape is still limited to only several inches...maybe 4-5" at most, give or take. gape limitation has been overcome by several other fishes, such as P's which take chunks out of prey, or eels which will often incorporate spin-feeding. gars, however, have no method for overcoming gape limitation and therefore really can only handle prey up to the width of their jaws toward the base (i.e. gape).

gars are generally aware of this and usually won't take on prey items that won't fit their gape. there are mistakes that are made, but they usually aren't so drastic that a gar goes after a dog, cat, capybara, or human. hopefully this point is clear--
--solomon

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Cool pics, but none of these fish seem scary to me. 10 most fun fish to catch, would have been a better title IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store