1100G ~ Finally!

Matthew_Tanks

Exodon
MFK Member
May 21, 2015
USA
Very minimal. The UV sterilizer is a must-have for any large tank. The only place I really get algae growth is on the top where the lights are and the bubbles from the diffusers pop. I did get a little on the glass where the floating plants are and the back tiles, but that was because my timer switch wasnt on and the lights were on 24/7 for a week.
Do you have bio balls in the overflow if so is it possible to show a pic

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
And a quick update:
No new fish. I am in the process of quarantining/growing out a Mbu puffer, ornate bichir, and electric blue jack Dempsey.
I also begun the installation of the drip system! Once I fine tune and finish tacking the lines, I will post pics.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Fish are looking great. Your SD's definitely have great color. Do they get along well with one another, or do they squabble?

You should post up some videos on YouTube and monetize them. I earn about $100 every 4 months...not a ton of money, but it'll cover a little bit of fish food...plus, on a selfish note, I want to see some videos of your setup. If you take the videos at night, it will eliminate the issue with glare. Don't forget to include a short clip of the lion dog- lol. =)

Glad to see all is good!

Reactions: knobhill

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Fish are looking great. Your SD's definitely have great color. Do they get along well with one another, or do they squabble?

You should post up some videos on YouTube and monetize them. I earn about $100 every 4 months...not a ton of money, but it'll cover a little bit of fish food...plus, on a selfish note, I want to see some videos of your setup. If you take the videos at night, it will eliminate the issue with glare. Don't forget to include a short clip of the lion dog- lol. =)

Glad to see all is good!
Thanks aldiaz33 aldiaz33 ! The SD's get along really nicely. They school all the time. My kelberi bass and pikes will chase them from time to time but that's all the aggression I ever see. Even though they are "dither" fish for the tank, most are bigger than the cichlids in there.

I actually set up a youtube account for tank videos but haven't gotten around to it. Plus, it appears that iphones don't take the best videos to upload to youtube. I have a feeling that once I get it up and running, it will be really cool. I have the 1100g, 350g, and 40g at home. Then a 4000g koi pond, 125g, 55g, 46g and soon to be up and running 140g at the school I work at. My students are going to be in charge of making videos and posting them to youtube. PM me if you have some time and let me know all the keywords and some tips and tricks I might use to get more hits.

Mufasa is still alive and kicking, always helping me with water changes.

more to come...as always.

Reactions: aldiaz33

Freshwater4Life

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2015
VB
Everything looks awesome . Quick question . Do you just drop the tiles in butted up against each other or do you seal them together ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store