12x6x4 Plywood Tank (Stingray Galore)

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
The issue is since the vent from the hot water heater is open a powerful fan is able to full the fumes out of the exhaust vent if there isn't air also coming into the room. So I might go and install one and see how it does. I'll install a good carbon monoxide detector first lol

Reactions: xApostle

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
The issue is since the vent from the hot water heater is open a powerful fan is able to full the fumes out of the exhaust vent if there isn't air also coming into the room. So I might go and install one and see how it does. I'll install a good carbon monoxide detector first lol
Ah yeah I see what you mean. Do you think the timer system would come in handy? That way the humidity would build a bit, the fan would remove it and then turn off?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I was thinking hook it up to a humidistat so it only kicks on when the humidity is above a certain level, say 50%. I've seen some people do set ups like that, though not sure how well they work on systems this size.

That's actually a really good idea. I'll have to see if I can do something similar as well.

In further news about the line x,I spoke to a professional applicator ( from line x themselves) he reckons that as it's only for waterproofing, 2mil per square metre will do it. iI haven't got a price yet but he did say that its approx 1kg of line x per square metre which equates to roughly £20. He didn't state how thick a layer that 1kg produces however

Last edited:

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
So my 1/8 was way off haha like I said not qualified just familiar with the end product

Reactions: xApostle

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
So my 1/8 was way off haha like I said not qualified just familiar with the end product

Haha no that's fine, I appreciate the input. I'll let you guys know when I get the pricing. Might be good for anyone doing a similar build to have a reference point

Reactions: Ilawis

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Haha no that's fine, I appreciate the input. I'll let you guys know when I get the pricing. Might be good for anyone doing a similar build to have a reference point

So, I've got the price back and it's not cheap lol. £800 just for the water proofing for the 12x6 and 447 for the 12x2...

I'm now thinking that maybe pond armour is the best option

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store