141x29x31 inch 360x75x80 work in progress

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Very nice rock wall! Looks like your kid is enjoying the art project. Great way to get her involved in the tank building process.

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
Damn it looks nice!! Isnt it a bit cocky doing the whole outside before watertested? hehe! Cant wait to see this up and running, looks awesome with the wood you choce for the outside! Waht kind of liquid liner did you use? Rubber? Keep up the good work!
I did use Impermax liquid pond liner from Aquaforte.

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
I did put both parts of the rock wall in the epoxy and added some collor on it,i did the collor in dark grey.
I did try not to give it a smooth color.
I'm going to put everything one more time in the epxoy.
I have the largest piece backwall glued in the tank, I did this with the liquid pond liner,i did this already for a part in the other fish tank
It goes on this way, fine.

Iam also working on the lights, i made a list on the ceiling where some hanging lights are comming and two kinds of spots, same as the

ones i'm using to light the room. And for all the lights i use the led variants.
The list on the ceiling i make of the same material i used for finishing the aquarium.

a.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

aislin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
netherlands
The two rock walls are glued into the aquarium.
The lighting is now ready, I still need to replace certain lamps to LED lamps.
The aluminum cap lamps I have taken over from a guy, the rest of the spots I had at home lighting the house. I
have replaced the bar where everything is assembled and it is made ??of scrap pieces I had left over from the aquarium.
I do not have all the lights I have mounted directly needed in the aquarium, but I've also installed lights to the room where
the whole is able to illuminate.
I cut the lights standart but is of course a lamp / fitting, if needed the number of lamps in the caps i can
extend through a round piece of plywood in the hood to fit it in with several holes for other lamps / fittings.
If I estimate the hoods offer space for around 10 LED spots E27 fitting, at the moment I have enough light.
I must say that this is difficult to say without water in the tank.
This week I'm going to make some rocks for the bottom.
Thursday the glass will be delivered.
I'm still watching how the filtered water in the aquarium must flow, I am still not sure how I'm going to do that. I would obviously not use such a tube in the aquarium where the water is sprayed, but something like I've done my existing aquarium Malawi.
This will ensure good circulation to get into the aquarium.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg