17ft sawfish caught in Florida

Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
So this is a video of a guy who normally fishes for goliath groupers and things like that, but recently started taking other fishing youtubers fishing along with him. Well during one of his trips he caught this beast
since sawfish are easily one of my favorite fish it was super cool to see one this massive
I would also like to thank Frank Castle Frank Castle for telling me to make thread about it after I posted it in the thread about Pig-Nose the White Sturgeon

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Funny you'd post this, just watched it last night after it showed up in my sub box :) Although josh (blacktipH) is usually trustworthy, this fish is never 17'. Insane catch though.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Saw this. Cool catch and more importantly release.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
Funny you'd post this, just watched it last night after it showed up in my sub box :) Although josh (blacktipH) is usually trustworthy, this fish is never 17'. Insane catch though.
how big do you think it is then? has to be at least 10ft+
it is understandable why he'd think its bigger than it actually is, its an insane catch.

Saw this. Cool catch and more importantly release.
couldn't agree more

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
how big do you think it is then? has to be at least 10ft+
it is understandable why he'd think its bigger than it actually is, its an insane catch.

couldn't agree more
I watched the video and it looked a good 15'......I think he may have been in "shock" by the size, but if he constantly catches sharks and Goliaths, he's been accustomed to estimating fish sizes by now. I been doing it locally for 3 decades and most of the time I still UNDER-estimate the fish I catch.....they are usually BIGGER than we guess .....and I make a game out of it when there are 2 or more people and ask people to guess length and weight, then we take measurements and put them on the digital scale to see who was closest

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
thats sorta where I was trying to get at, I couldn't think of the word for some reason
I stand by it .....I don't know about 17', but I will vote 15' ....it was a BIG ******* fish. When you do this type of stuff for long enough, you're guesstimations become pretty darn accurate. You'd be amazed how many fish I catch or see caught that I guess either "so close" or downright "dead on the money" for size/weight. I amaze myself sometimes LOLOLOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store