180gMalawi Tank

BlackTopKing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Summerville, SC
3/25 Update

I closed down two fry tanks and moved everyone one in to a larger grow out tank- and moved all the little fry into from the SOT's sub ten and moved then into the same grow out tank. So I know have all 12 spawns in one grow out. This will allow me to pull the females holding in the SOT out considering I let 6 spawns acure naturally in the SOT. To my suprise I got little frys runing all threw that tank....Saved by The Rock.LOl

This is my new grow out tank- nuthing to specail other then a total of 227 fry still. but thanks to craigslist and the local keepers I have been able to sell more then 1/2.

Then here is a picture update of the SeaOfTitans.

As far as the progress of my Upgrading. Well I have the FX5, and have been sitting on it for 2weeks. Not sure how I want to set it up. I have to many ideals and I have been considering just geting another one and running two on the tank. But I want to build a piping frame with multiple jets to target areas and create a different flow in the tank.

But we will see what I will do.

The lighting I been also kicking ideals back and forth. I am having custom mirror cut 3qty 4"x48" Two of them I will mount between the tracks and the bulbs in order to get better reflection. I really think that the current system could be better just by tweeking some things. I also will be removing the projectors and replacing them with 4x 60watt Flur. Compacts.( really like to MH...LOL) Running 6500K day on the The Compacts and the back Tracks I will either run a 6500K and a 10000K, leaving the 20000K for the front and for my prefferance and the Blue hue. placing the moon light tracks will be a problem. This may cause me to only have 3 compacts, atwhich point. I will not run the 10000K. Either way my mind is not made up yet.

And Of course, I need to get more plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store