2 jardini in one tank?

Justin C - IronMan_Tesla

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2015
New Jersey
do u guys think the prices of jardini are a little too high? from what i know jardini prices at 4-6 inch can go from $90-170. about a year ago me and my girlfriend was planning to "over throw" the jardini price. at that time i only had 1 jardini breeding pair and i was able to breed them. about 120 of the egg hatched. i end up giving some of it away and sold some for 50$ each. now i have total of 3 breeding pair and i was thinking if i should tried to lower the jardini prices now. but the thing that got me worried is that i dont have enough supply to compete with fish store because they have connection that can supply them jardini through out the year and im not sure how many baby jardini i get from my pairs.

Send some vid/or pics. thanks

Reactions: KIdfish

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
do u guys think the prices of jardini are a little too high? from what i know jardini prices at 4-6 inch can go from $90-170. about a year ago me and my girlfriend was planning to "over throw" the jardini price. at that time i only had 1 jardini breeding pair and i was able to breed them. about 120 of the egg hatched. i end up giving some of it away and sold some for 50$ each. now i have total of 3 breeding pair and i was thinking if i should tried to lower the jardini prices now. but the thing that got me worried is that i dont have enough supply to compete with fish store because they have connection that can supply them jardini through out the year and im not sure how many baby jardini i get from my pairs.
For 4-6", yup, that's the price I see them for in the states. They may be seasonable, but their availability is not too difficult considering on-line ordering and shipping - I see availability almost throughout the year. I think that's probably the route to go if you plan on broadening your "demand" for your Jars.

For Lei's, now that's a different story on availability in the states :-(

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
Woah so you've got three breeding pairs of jars ????? You could make a small fortune if you get it right , jardini prices have got ridiculous over the past five years and pretty much doubled , the shops won't compete with you all year round as jardini are seasonal so they struggle to get them during certain months of the year as juvi's and the cost of shipping large jars bagged and boxed individually isnt cost effective so many dont bother. If you can get them over to the UK alive and well im sure I could link you with a few decent connections to shift them :) got any pics/videos of your pairs ? I'd love to see them swimming around together as pairs ive never attempted two jars together mainly due to the prices and tankspace it would be awesome to have a pair breeding or not , are you able to sex them from sight then ?
im not sure if my supply would last over the whole years but for some shop i saw them have a quite large amount of jardini that last them for a while. i think for shipping the max size fish i will ship would be 7" because i dont have much experience in shipping large fish but i do have some experience in shipping fish around 5" or less. im in US Cali so im not sure if i can ship to UK because the air in the bag only last for about max 48 hr i think? for sexing jardini i do know a little bit about it but just by a quick look i dont think i can tell right away lol. i wasnt thinking about this until last year when i saw 2 of my jardini in the pond starting to spawn. then later on the year i bought 2 more breeding pair from a friend's friend.

yes i will post some pics up when my phone get fix. i was taking some pics of the pond and the tanks to show u guys but my shirt a hanging over the water a little bit then my catfish pull me down. this catfish i had him since he was 3" and i hand feed him when he was growing up so he not scared of me at all. when ever i enter the pond to do some work he would swim near my feet and sometime i almost trip over him.

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
For 4-6", yup, that's the price I see them for in the states. They may be seasonable, but their availability is not too difficult considering on-line ordering and shipping - I see availability almost throughout the year. I think that's probably the route to go if you plan on broadening your "demand" for your Jars.

For Lei's, now that's a different story on availability in the states :-(
well i only have two big lei but i never see them try to "mate" i never actually pick up my arowana and check them xD.

enjetek

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
l.a. - sfv
im not sure if my supply would last over the whole years but for some shop i saw them have a quite large amount of jardini that last them for a while. i think for shipping the max size fish i will ship would be 7" because i dont have much experience in shipping large fish but i do have some experience in shipping fish around 5" or less. im in US Cali so im not sure if i can ship to UK because the air in the bag only last for about max 48 hr i think? for sexing jardini i do know a little bit about it but just by a quick look i dont think i can tell right away lol. i wasnt thinking about this until last year when i saw 2 of my jardini in the pond starting to spawn. then later on the year i bought 2 more breeding pair from a friend's friend.

yes i will post some pics up when my phone get fix. i was taking some pics of the pond and the tanks to show u guys but my shirt a hanging over the water a little bit then my catfish pull me down. this catfish i had him since he was 3" and i hand feed him when he was growing up so he not scared of me at all. when ever i enter the pond to do some work he would swim near my feet and sometime i almost trip over him.
let me know since i am local :)

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
haha like i said before when people enter my house and they know really know much about me they always said "is this a pet shop?"

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
let me know since i am local :)
yes i will for sure :) but i wont prob post them up until they are around 3-4" because if i am going to ship to u guys or u guys come and pick them up, i want to make sure that they are strong enough to handle the trip and make it to your place alive. it would be really sad if i ship the fish to u guys and when u open it, its dead. i dont want that because when i was small i order my first arowana when it got here it was dead and i actually sit there and tears up so i dont want that happen u any of u out there :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store