~275 gallon stocking question heated pond.

Lynsey

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2011
San Diego
So I have a heated pond (to about 74 degrees in the winter) right now it is still 78 all by itself :) In the summer it is in the mid 80s. I had goldfish in there, but really want to get back into cichlids. I have a crazy Ultraviolet Ultima II pond filter on this (rated for 1000 gallons) with a pump that pumps 1250 gal/hr and returns via waterfall. I also have UV sterilizer and the water is crystal clear. I do large weekly water changes. Usually about 40% water changes. Sometimes more in the summer to keep the temps down. So far this is my stock list. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I don't have any experience stocking this size of a tank. My last one was only 75 gallons. I was hoping to get a few (possibly too many) and hopefully if they grow up together I will get a nice community that doesn't kill each other. I have lots of hiding spots. The dimensions are in my sig.

4" Red Tail Giant Gourami
2" Green terror
2" Texas
3" Severum
3" Gold Jack Dempsey
2" Blood parrot (wasn't supposed to be there, but he was too agressive with my other parrot in my indoor aquaponics setup)
4" Royal pleco
(5) Marbled Hoplo catfish (possibly eaten in the future??)
(9) Rosy Barbs (I know they may become food later) Just wanted some dithers to make these little guys feel more comfy :)

I know I may have to make adjustments depending on aggression, but how overstocked would I be?

Lynsey

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2011
San Diego
Anyone? I really have no experience with this size tank.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store