3 cats dead

azzbackwards

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2015
if you had .25 ammonia then your tank crashed, that would be my assumption. how big are those fish? those are some messy, potentially big fish for a 125. cats and plecs are dirty, and can crash a tank adding too many to quickly.
they were big cats all three over 12" ....do the signs I listed sound like ammonia burn?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Im glad things are looking good now. A pacu and gar in a 125 gallon tank is a fairly small tank to house both of them. In the long run you need to get a 200 plus aquarium for these guys. Trust me I had a 500 gallon tank and my pacu were basketball sized monsters.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Your making your life very hard from the start mate, to many big fish in a small tank.
You are way over stocked already, pacu need 1000g plus, peacock bass are for tanks over 300g ideally, what gar is it alligator?
You need to do some research on the fish before you buy them.
Got any pics of the tank and stock?
Glad the new fish are OK atm but personally I would get the stock down to fish that can live their life out in your tank.
Unless you have some plans for a monster tank that is and money isn't an issue of course.

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

azzbackwards

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2015
these are just temp housing. im doing an indoor pond and custom acrylic. I have 700+ gallons of empty tanks sitting around just haven't gotten around to setting them up besides a 150 and a 180. my custom builds will have sumps rather than HOB and can filters. I went from my first tank a year ago which was a 75 to now a year later with 2000+ gallons in my house...$$ obviously is no issue so im not one who says hes planning bigger and not follow through

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Crack on an get em running then bey!-)

Might be an idea to mention the tanks in future threads lol!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store