3 inch jardini arowana got sucked into filter tube

Deedsta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2015
arlington tx
My jardini arowana got sucked into my overhanging filter. He didn't go in all the way but got into the pipe and his body was bent. Don't know for how long. I realised when I got home and saw the flow of the water slowed down. I pulled the pipe out from the intake and he came sliding down. With a crooked back. Idk if he'll live or not but it's trying to swim. I raised the water temp and placed it in a breeder net with a air stone next to the net. Do you think it will live ? Anything I can do ?
I believe the other jardini chased it into the filter because I saw them a couple hours ago they were fine.

14549101390131011171466.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
That's unfortunate, I can't see it living long and even if it does survive life will be an ongoing struggle for it trying to swim in that condition , it looks bent double in the pics.
If you've got another jar in the tank is that similar sized ? If so I'd block that pipe with mesh or netting to prevent loosing the other one

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Agreed and the opening on the filter intake should not be big enough to suck in your fish.Is a part missing from it?

Deedsta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2015
arlington tx
That's unfortunate, I can't see it living long and even if it does survive life will be an ongoing struggle for it trying to swim in that condition , it looks bent double in the pics.
If you've got another jar in the tank is that similar sized ? If so I'd block that pipe with mesh or netting to prevent loosing the other one
He died this morning. I covered the filter inlet. Hopefully my second jardini grows good and healthy

koi-only5

Feeder Fish
Jan 25, 2017
My jardini arowana got sucked into my overhanging filter. He didn't go in all the way but got into the pipe and his body was bent. Don't know for how long. I realised when I got home and saw the flow of the water slowed down. I pulled the pipe out from the intake and he came sliding down. With a crooked back. Idk if he'll live or not but it's trying to swim. I raised the water temp and placed it in a breeder net with a air stone next to the net. Do you think it will live ? Anything I can do ?
I believe the other jardini chased it into the filter because I saw them a couple hours ago they were fine.

View attachment 1164509
Same happened to me spend 60 DOLLARS ON it to be sucked into a 13 dollar filter I liked that fish a lot now I fell like I can never buy an Arowana again the fishes mid section was completely ripped just like the other member it did not go in all the way

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store