320 gallon side panel, repairable??

LilMonsters

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2015
I got ahold of him and its mine... Now Im sweating the getting it home part. I know I'm not going about it the correct way but it's my only option right now.. It'll sure make for a heck of a photo with the stand strapped to the roof of the truck... I'm sure to be getting stares and pointed at, but whatever. Its an amazing deal on a huge tank.
I am actually looking forward to the rebuild of this tank, but oddly enough, I'm worried about taking it apart and getting it home without damaging it worse...

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Taking it apart shouldn't be too bad, and moving the panes shouldn't be too difficult. I'd be way more worried about trying to move the thing without taking it apart. Two people should be able to move the panes without suction cups, they are a nifty tool to have though. Make sure you get a lay of the land before trying to move the panes, dropping one is an expensive mistake. Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions, I have no experience with resealing or taking apart tanks though.

LilMonsters

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2015
I would guess the easiest way to disassemble it would be to simply push it off its stand and let it hit the floor...haha..Lets hope it doesn't go that way...
I'll definately keep this thread posted and please keep any advice headed my way...I need it. :)

Thanks Mopar, I'll have to evaluate it when I get there, I'm pretty low on man power so I may not have another option.

LilMonsters

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2015
Well this frigging jack@$$ never got back to me with the address and hasn't responded all day...
I had help waiting and pulled the rear seats out of my truck and gathered up stuff I needed just to get stood up which really pi$$ed my off because I was also picking up another aro for the large tank...
Now I have a large aro and nowhere to put the poor guy..
He is spending the night in a small tank then tomorrow he will get his own 55. I know he needs bigger and he will have it soon. But the 55 will work for a few weeks especially since it's just him and his little brown knife friend...
Here they are. .. 20151018_212237.jpg20151018_212208.jpg

Shrimp haven

Feeder Fish
Nov 7, 2015
Thanks heaps OP FOR THIS THREAD.
Im also having the same problem getting my tank from my BF place (which has been there for 4+mths, suppose to be 1-2wks. Now neighbours complain mozzi infested their place-GET IT OUT! IN OTHER WORDS)
because the tank was too heavy for me (150cm 45kg)a lil young woman to carry with only the help of my lanky BF (165cm 60kg) a tank that's 150cm L 48cm W 60cm H(top of head 120g+ tank).
I also had the same idea as u..
take tank apart is the only way that i could do to carry and transport it home, without asking or finding Any male friends to help as i dnt like to ask for it (forgot to mention that its 10mm thick glass so that tank is REALLY HEAVY.. )
Really i would like 2 guys to help my bf at least because i dont want anyone to injure their back while moving my heavy tank..
Cheers for thread.

And sorry to have read about your situation.
THAT GUY WAS A REAL D1CK !! he could of inform u the night before that he got an offer that was higher then his initial $$ so u wouldnt have to go far and wide to get everything ready on/for that day..

Basic human curtesy really..
Dont worry just keep eyes open for better deals, could b a real head ache to have to go thru all that(which i will b going thru soon, mb tomorrow-ear full listening to his parents naging asking "when u moving the tank" all day all wk..
Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store