40 g breeder

tommybhermitage

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
Hubbard Ohio
Hey guys long time since I've been on here. I am back into it and I just got. 40g breeder from petco dollar per gallon sale. I picked up a fluval light fixture that can change colors for fun but I also got a aquaclear 70. I have black sand l, driftwood and wanna get some live plants. I am gonna have a air stone as well. I was asking for help on stock, as I want a nice school of Cory cats, and maybe some yo yo loaches. I wanna do some different kind of tropical fish but I want my main fish to be an electric blue jack. Any possibilities that could work? Thanks ahead, tommy

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Hit and miss with the cories, EBJD's are sometimes more subdued so it might work...id grow the JD out with them, once it hits 4-5 inches you'll know whether it's gonna work or not

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Yea, without ever having EBJD's I'd say no I don't think it would work with the cories, but you never know. I have an albino black shark that chases anything that swims but leaves the cories alone.

tommybhermitage

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
Hubbard Ohio
Yeah I got the tank up and running, used media from other filter from smaller tank, and got about half water. Everything is set up, with one I'm thinking baby male EBJD and 2 male guppies. Gonna see how they work out, will try adding cories in a week or so. Would it be bad to get like 6 emralds at once or should I get a few at a time? All live plants as well

image.jpg

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Get them at once, they are schooling fish...and it's harder to pick them off if they are in groups

tommybhermitage

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
Hubbard Ohio
I put 6 of hem in, mix of 2 pepper 2 emrald, which are the smallest right now, and 2 albino which are the biggest. He's following them around like he wants to swim with them and doing a light nip, could he just be showing his dominance?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store