400 gallon Glass Build

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Thank you, yes very very heavy lol. Still have to move it to the back left lol
Well if you need a hand when it comes time to move it I know I'm game to make a drive to help and take a look at your setups!
Me and the guy I bough the 3'×8'×3/4" glass from carried it up from his basement then my cousin and I moved the piece of glass in our house. I am not looking forward to moving it again. I have everything expensive for a plywood build just need the space and 2x4s

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Wow that's a piece of Glass!!! Lol . I believe how heavy that must be. It's crazy the weight difference from half inch to 5/8 so from 5/8 to 3/4 is huge difference

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Your build looks very well thought out and it looks clean and solid...stand as well.

Will you eventually have Styrofoam between tank and stand?

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Your build looks very well thought out and it looks clean and solid...stand as well.

Will you eventually have Styrofoam between tank and stand?
Thank you. Yes it's already there hard to see in the pic. :)

wannadivesteve

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2015
Oregon
It looks like the stand is plywood and foam on top of a frame of 2x6s. Looks like it should support it well I'd think. I saw the foam right away, had to look twice to see the plywood.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
You just had to 1 up me eh Mike? You know what this means, now I gotta make a monster glass build... my girlfriend is going to hate you, just a heads up.

Seriously though, great job on this.

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
You just had to 1 up me eh Mike? You know what this means, now I gotta make a monster glass build... my girlfriend is going to hate you, just a heads up.

Seriously though, great job on this.
Lol, the thing is filling up a glass home made tank is very scary with at least a month of hard to sleep nights lol. It's nothing like filling up a miracles brand new tank lol. Thanks man wish I went bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store