40B and never die plants....

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I bet you guys gonna ask WTF is never die plants LOL
Well, I dug through my garage and found a bunch of ornaments and fake plants (silk/plastic) and I decided to give my 40B a new life, new look. I silicon glued them into my tank so it's kinda permanent unless I break them into pieces, took me few days to setup before glued them. I also gave this 40B theme a name "The House in the Jungle" :p
Here is the overall look of the tank.
20161024_190044[5].jpg
It does look full right? Doesn't it? But it has open space in bottom and back and spot light setup create quite a jungle look with dim light for most part (I turned on the room light so I can take picture).
Here are resident of my 40B
20161024_185651[6].jpg
and another one from other side...
20161024_185553_001[8].jpg
Substrate are some rocks silicon glued first layer and small river pebbles on top.
Golden Pothos is only real plants that I used to suck up some Nitrate out of my water, I put them in a hole center of each fake driftwood, you can see part of pothos from the overall look picture, enjoy! :p

Reactions: Lady Sphinx and ehh

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
ok, there's a new species for me lol I like Cichlids and N.A. Natives
It's odd that not many information about this species and quite rare for its to appear in LFS.
The LFS labled these Charax under the name "Dento" when I saw it I was like wtf is "Dento" LOL and I told the owner it's not the name of these fishes. I'm thinking to put 1 or 2 Ctenopoma acutirostre in there cause those stealth ambush species love this setup :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store