55+55+29= 139 gallons and 10.5 feet long

fishmanbob87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
New Jersey
i like your idea, in the link posted above i do not agree at all with just using the silicone. i would have used a narrow glass brace at each seam. what do you plan to put in your new tank??

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Interested to see how this turns out guys,good luck.

MyFishEatYourFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
monsterville
there will be a rim for the bottom too, we just havent built it yet.

its hard to see in the photo posted, but if you read the thread he actully did use a thin sgtrip of glass on those joints.

stocking isnt in stone yet, but john is thinking dwarf cichlids, rainbows, discus, and lots of other random fish.

thanks for the interest guys! we cant wit to get this done :)

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
okay this is wayyy late but why not 55+55 side by side (ie remove 2 of the 4' panels and slap the 2 together) with a 29g sump?

at 12" width even at 139g, you're pretty limited on stock, but at 24" width and 110g, you can get larger fish.

iwade4fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
Central Florida
Just thinking the same!! And, was also contemplating laying a 55 on its side(front pane is bottom) and make a side panel(the open top), kinda like a super-duper 20long.
As one who makes some ghetto-looking $hit, that is something bad; nifty in theory, gonna suck in application.
it will work, but I would lose a little sleep over it in the house, if ya get ma drift.

MyFishEatYourFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
monsterville
well, we got some done but my phone was mia at the time so no pictures. we didnt get much done anyway. and the reason for the footprint is for the show aspect. plus, who has a 10.5' 140? :)

MyFishEatYourFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
monsterville
so we got the tank done and sealed, now just have to paint the frame. the stand and hood are painted. then onto the filter. unfortunately i didnt have my phone on me for current pictures. but tonight we're test filling, and i will post pics asap :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store