55g mini monster tank

Catman123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi guys, my original plan for my 55g was to get a big cichlid for the centrepiece but now I have decided against it. The tank currently has 2 spotted Raphael catfish, a featherfin synodontis and a clown pleco. I would like to add some type of mini monster. My two dream fish are a leopard bush fish or a big school of exodon paradoxes. Which one would you think would work better?? I'm probably going to have to go on a hunt to find these fish in an LFS near me as I have never seen them before! Will the exodon work with my current catfish???

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Between the two, the only choice would be the bush fish.

Exodons are suitable to themselves. They are ill pick and nip on other fish. Should work with ur catfish( Raphael catfish) but not the other fish.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Like kno4te said the exodons will nip and harass the other fish but as far as the cats they'll be fine. I have 18 exodons with 4 Raphael's spotted and striped, 2 Pimelodus blochii's and no problems at all. Really cool mini monsters to have. Super active.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
So the exodons would be fine with the catfish????
With your Raphael catfish. The synos and plecos fins may get nipped. The exodons will tolerate armored cars.

Catman123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2015
Well they would have to find the pleco first. He's always hiding between rocks!! I'll probably go for the leaf fish anyway

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Better choice with the bush fish. If down the road u want to add something, there's a chance to do it. Not with the exodons realistically.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store