MFK Member
Apr 12, 2015
Texas

Drx6x

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
IL
Very nice I don't know if i could trust my self to build one after how much trubble i had building a canopy for my tank.

Reactions: Guerrero

Guerrero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2015
NC, US.
First, awesome build.

Second, This is what I've been looking for! This is the size I'm going to built!.

Did you use fiber glass for the corners? or just the pond shield? How did you leak tested it ?

Thanks! Really like the build.

Last edited:

dallen2233

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2015
Texas
First, awesome build.

Second, This is what I've been looking for! This is the size I'm going to built!.

Did you use fiber glass for the corners? or just the pond shield? How did you leak tested it ?

Thanks! Really like the build.
Thank you.

I did apply some fiber glass to the corners, but I ended up removing it due to air bubbles. So in the end I guess I can say that I didn't fiberglass them and just used pond shield. I should note that I applied a large bead of silicone to all joints on top of the pond shield just in case the pond shield cracks at a later date.

My leak test consisted of filling the tank with salt water. I was pretty confident that it wasn't going to leak.

Guerrero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2015
NC, US.
Thank you.

I did apply some fiber glass to the corners, but I ended up removing it due to air bubbles. So in the end I guess I can say that I didn't fiberglass them and just used pond shield. I should note that I applied a large bead of silicone to all joints on top of the pond shield just in case the pond shield cracks at a later date.

My leak test consisted of filling the tank with salt water. I was pretty confident that it wasn't going to leak.
Oh okay, thanks. I'm actually planning on building it on the garage, and then test it over there and once is working I'll put it in my office which is where it'll be..

dallen2233

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2015
Texas
Oh okay, thanks. I'm actually planning on building it on the garage, and then test it over there and once is working I'll put it in my office which is where it'll be..
Mine was just too heavy for me to move it around and it wont fit through any of my doors easily. Let me know hows yours turns out.

Homer Siped

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Its crazy how much they weigh, I figure mine weighs around 350 and still need glass and fiberglass inside, finish work on outside

IMG_20150907_160428724_HDR.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store