7 top worst beginner fish video

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
A lot of the blame goes directly to the buyer, hasty unresearched choices of fish. But let's not forget that in a lot of cases the sellers need to shoulder some of the blame too.

LFS's, the ones I frequent anyway, seem to be getting better at giving more detail on the info cards attached to the tanks. The staff ask the buyer questions too which is a step in the right direction.

The days of just having a species name and price tag on a tank, and the staff member just handing over fish to a customer without question seem to be a thing of the past.

Sadly though the old practices will still remain in some places.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
LFS's, the ones I frequent anyway, seem to be getting better at giving more detail on the info cards attached to the tanks. The staff ask the buyer questions too which is a step in the right direction.
Unfortunately this is rare where I live big box stores have taken over. I believe only one lfs in my area does what you have stated.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
One day my wife and I were out shopping and she said they sell fish in there. I couldn't believe it a grocery store selling live fish and fish department employee was clueless. Most fish were dying or had ich.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store