75 gal advice

o5b0rn3b

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2014
Pittsburgh
So I've been keeping fish for just over a year now. I've learned a ton from just reading your conversations. But there are some things gained from experience that I just don't quite have yet lol.

I'm posting for aggression advice (if i even need it) So I have a 6" red sev and a 6" rescue notatus sev in my 75 with about a dozen 2" neon Rosy barbs.

My red sev chases my notatus sometimes 2-3 laps around the tank. I have plenty of plants and driftwood for sight breaks. There's never any contact between the two, so there's never any damage. I just feel like it's starting to happen a little to often. Starting to stress me out if not my notatus too lol.

So my questions are this. If I add something like a few rams, would this help spread the aggression or would they be paid no mind. I have a 2" red devil that I've been wanting to experiment and grow out in that tank just to see how they accept the new smaller cichlid.

If that's not the answer to my question, then is this the first sign that this isn't gonna work when they reach an adult size? Wait and see?

Sorry for the read and thanks for any input.

Kolkri

Gambusia
MFK Member
My only suggestion is bigger tank. I would not add more fish. Seems to be getting crowded.

Reactions: ehh and axs377

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
I agree, I find the problem in a 75 is that one fish can really only get 2-3ft from the other fish it's being bullied by. So in the case of larger fish, one is screwed. However with that being said they may just be establishing a pecking order.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Definitely don't add a red devil. Definitely don't add Rams to "spread the aggression". They either become punching bag fish or they get ignored because the severum doesn't care about them.
Bullying usually doesn't get better when it's two fish.

o5b0rn3b

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2014
Pittsburgh
They aren't establishing an order. The RSS has been dominant for some time. Just been seeing him chasing more and more often for longer periods of time.

Assuming this means one is most likely gonna have to go at some point.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store