7500 GALLON SHARK TANK FOR MY NEW HOME

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
Before I post the photos of the tank and the equipment, here's the equipment list. The brand of each is indicated in ( ):

Filtration:
  • Protein Skimmer: MAT-PP 750mm Ø
  • Sand Filter: Astral-Spain
  • Quartz Sand: Poseidon
  • Biological Filter: MAT
  • Biological Filtration Material: Bioball 300m2/m3: Antishock
  • Carbon reactor: MAT-PP
  • Moving Bed Kaldnes Filter: MAT-PP
  • Kaldnes Media: EvolutionAqua (Sweden)
  • Carbon Active Filter: Sera (Germany)
  • Ozonisator: MAT-PP
  • Ozone Reactor: MAT-PP
  • Air pump: Hi-Blow
  • Humidifier (Ozone): MAT-PP
  • Aquarium Balance Tank: MAT-PP
  • UV Sterilizer: Sita (Italy)
  • Pumps: BADU speck AK series
Let me know if you guys have any questions with regards to the mechanical/electrical equipment.
I will be posting the photos tonight...

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
MAT makes some really nice equipment. I've only ever seen the few pics that are posted on their website, but never from anyone that owned the equipment. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. The more the better.

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
As promised, here are some photos of the equipment. I took the photos on an off-day thus there was no electricity, the flash of the camera helped but I don't know whether they're clear enough...
The video and the photos of the tank itself will follow...

IMG_3581.JPG IMG_3582.JPG IMG_3583.JPG IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3586.JPG

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
Here's the first picture of how the tank was craned into the terrace from where it was pushed inside by the help of two 5-ton capacity forklifts. I wanted to post a video but couldn't quite figure it out how...IMG_3506.JPG

Reactions: vincentwugwg

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
The top side of the area where the tank was placed has a diver's access window. The diver will be able to enter the aquarium from this passage for maintenance, etc. I thought some of you would wonder about that. Here's the cross-section photo of the diver's access point. The railing on top is for the lighting. The rest of the photos will follow:

IMG_3503.JPG

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
Here's a photo when the crane belts were untied and the tank was being moved in by one forklift on each end. The height was so critical, one small mistake could have destroyed the ceiling inside or the natural stone on the façade.

IMG_3510.JPG

Reactions: vincentwugwg
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store