9 Gold Jardini Comm Challenge

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Agree with moe^^^my juvie is also dark, and not stressed, and it also in a "dark" setup. In a month or two it'll be moved to lighter tank, so it'll be interested to see how it's color changes.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Thanks! I need the flow to stop the Arowanas from fighting as much. The current distracts them.

As for the darker color, it could possibly be the tanning lamp or stress for the fighting.
Just for my interest, - and I'm is not being critical of your comm challenge - at which point will you split them up, and how many would you hope to keep in the tank.

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
Jardinis get dark not due to stress but naturally they're a fairly dark aro, you're setup is all black substrate and background. You should expect them to be black and get some nice reds as they grow.
Ya that's what I thought too. I read about dark substrate and background causing the Arowana to be darker, but I was never fond of blue or white backgrounds. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: moe214

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
Just for my interest, - and I'm is not being critical of your comm challenge - at which point will you split them up, and how many would you hope to keep in the tank.
I'm hoping not to split them up. I'm in the works of building a 15 foot tank. I'm waiting til they get about 10" to pull the trigger on the new set up. If the comm works... To be honest it's been stressful and prolly won't try again if this fails.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
This is sooooo cool! How have I missed this for a month??? You have a beautiful tank and some beautiful fish, I wish you all the best with this awesome project. :)

Also, the vid on the first page made me "naww" so much, tiny little aros... How cute! :D

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
lovely comm im glad with work out for you. Just watch out once they hit 10" plus, that is the most dangerous size. 10-12"

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Followed! Would be cool to see how this turns out...looking forward to seeing that 15foot beast

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store