9 Gold Jardini Comm Challenge

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
They've grown very nicely, you working on the 15' yet?

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
They've grown very nicely, you working on the 15' yet?
Thanks! I have a pretty big basement but I can't really decide where I wanna put it. I'm leaning towards making a wall unit but the size will most likely be 8x3x4. Im working on the filtration system right now. It's a 55 gallon drum. Been a slow process. Been ordering parts as a go.

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
Sorry it's been a while since I posted. Been busy working on the new filtration system. Super fun project. Finally finished it. Learned a lot while designing and building it.

As for the comm, they are about 8.5" - 9.5" now. Pellet trained and getting along. Few fights here and there but they mostly stare downs and don't escalate into much more.

I've been running the new filtration for about a week now and it's noticeable how crystal clear the water is. It almost seems like the fishes are floating in space rather than swimming. If it wasn't for air bubbles, you'd think there wasn't any water in the tank.

This was definitely more costly project than projected. It's crazy how PVC fittings add up real fast especially with all the unions I have. Well enjoy the video and please feel free to give me some feedback. Enjoy!

jon2016

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2016
Sorry it's been a while since I posted. Been busy working on the new filtration system. Super fun project. Finally finished it. Learned a lot while designing and building it.

As for the comm, they are about 8.5" - 9.5" now. Pellet trained and getting along. Few fights here and there but they mostly stare downs and don't escalate into much more.

I've been running the new filtration for about a week now and it's noticeable how crystal clear the water is. It almost seems like the fishes are floating in space rather than swimming. If it wasn't for air bubbles, you'd think there wasn't any water in the tank.

This was definitely more costly project than projected. It's crazy how PVC fittings add up real fast especially with all the unions I have. Well enjoy the video and please feel free to give me some feedback. Enjoy!

this is super cool stuff, i might be designing smaller one for my room pad about this, much like portable (in / filtrate / out vice versa) to make it water crystal flow.

alternatively, am thinking the same with a blueprint from a space shuttle - NASA design wherein from astronauts recycle its water treatment... this might be challenging, but i will try in my end if I have sufficient time to finish.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looks like you efforts have paid off building that filtration system , nice job :)
Glad to see there all still playing nice together any signs of two pairing up yet ?

Jennilyn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2016
Looks like you efforts have paid off building that filtration system , nice job :)
Glad to see there all still playing nice together any signs of two pairing up yet ?
Thanks! No signs of pairing. And I hope not. I've read that pretty much ends the comm. The pair becomes very aggressive to the rest of the comm and then I'll have to decide to have 2 Arowana or a 7 Jardini Arowana Comm. Having a breeding pair in a tank would be cool though.

Reactions: Evz jardini

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks! No signs of pairing. And I hope not. I've read that pretty much ends the comm. The pair becomes very aggressive to the rest of the comm and then I'll have to decide to have 2 Arowana or a 7 Jardini Arowana Comm. Having a breeding pair in a tank would be cool though.
Yes a pair would make life in the com difficult :) still if it does happen you could always split them up into a pair and 7 bringing a whole new project to light ;)

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store