A little bit of dumb luck and I must be doing something right.

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Update, it's been a few weeks since I've done this. In that time the parents moved the fry to the other side of the tank and would lead them outside the flower pot cave every so often. On a whim I tried to siphon out some of the fry. I don't know how you guys do that because I only managed to get one that way. I did manage to meet about a dozen with a small net and put them in the 40 gallon I've been running for a while.

2 days later all the fry in the main tank disappeared, I've no idea if the parents are them or the other fish in the tank got to them. Fortunately, 5 of the fry in the 40 gal have survived send appear to be thriving. One is noticeably bigger than the others and one is a bit smaller than the rest. I've been feeding them a combination of hikari first bites, crushed omega flakes, and crushed massivore which they seem to like. Whenever I feed them a small outbreak of infusoria occurs and the fry enjoy hunting and eating the tiny white worms as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1394397789606.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394397816653.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394397862309.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394397892479.jpg

winston.smith

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2014
ny
I had on HOB on for one night and it sucked up lots of fry.. know bc I pulled many out of it,, tbh, there were so many, it was fine.

Now from that first spawning there are maybe 20 fry left. It has been just under 30 days and she laid a new batch of eggs yesterday..
I posted about it here: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?573528-Managuensis-2nd-spawning
w/some pix..

Today she is moving the eggs back to the cave,,, a few at a time.. I noticed he will not move any of the eggs and she kind of keep him at bay even though he also helps her and protects them, obviously. But those are definitely her eggs. Its a shame she is hiding them bc I was hoping to take pix each day. *The cameras are probably part of what freaked her out.

Here's a shot of her earlier, moving eggs:

a b.jpg

b b.jpg

a b.jpg

b b.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store