African Clawed Frog

Meghanbridget33

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2016
New Hampshire
My daughter really wants a frog for the tank, I am concerned that this guy is going to eat my fish or whatever. I dont know much about them.

I have small rams, five cory cats. That like the bottom. I also have four large angels, three gouramis, four gold barbs, cherry barb, zebra danios, three keyhole cichlids, and three platies. This is a 75 gal tank. With a fixed hood.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
He will devour them. My son kept one for fourteen years, once I tried to put in a goldfish that was far to large to eat. He mauled it within minutes. Very cool critter but not with finned tank mates. We kept him in a filtered 40 and then my sump and he did great. We fed him floating carnivore foods. Get it, she will love it. Just put it in a 10 or 20 with a filter. His got as big as my hand.

My daughter really wants a frog for the tank, I am concerned that this guy is going to eat my fish or whatever. I dont know much about them.

I have small rams, five cory cats. That like the bottom. I also have four large angels, three gouramis, four gold barbs, cherry barb, zebra danios, three keyhole cichlids, and three platies. This is a 75 gal tank. With a fixed hood.

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
I tried 14 neons with my frog. 13 not to be found over 1 night. He also ate around 35/40 tiger barbs over 2 months. But he did used to sit in my hand to feed :)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

African dwarf clawed would be a better option.

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store